Has Anyone Else been having Multiple PM's posting, or the Site saying: you already submitted the for

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately, the past two days, I've been getting 'multiple PM's being posted'

or "you've already submitted the form" pop-ups, when I try and answer a thread.

Is there a glitch in the system? 

Or is it just tired of me, taking a long time to post?
  Maybe I'm seeing double. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't send many PMs so I don't know about that one, but, yes, the "you already submitted this form" thing has been happening a lot lately.

ETA: haha, it just did it with this reply! :lol3:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't send many PMs so I don't know about that one, but, yes, the "you already submitted this form" thing has been happening a lot lately.

ETA: haha, it just did it with this reply!
Same thing has been happening to me.
  Thanks @Willowy and @Primula.

It's good to know...that I'm not the only one.

I kept thinking..."maybe I did hit the 'submit button', I don't know. Can I be doing it over and over, and not notice?" 

(I had just updated Firefox, too, either before or after, so I thought maybe that was the problem. Updates are wacky, sometimes.)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Many of us got double posts. Not sure of others getting multiple PMs as I don't sent or received much PMs lately.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Many of us got double posts. Not sure of others getting multiple PMs as I don't sent or received much PMs lately.
Thanks @TabbyTom, it seems to be better now, just extremely slow, like hesitating when typing, and taking it's time when 'previewing' etc.

I know I type slow, but not that slow, ...
.. at least I know that it must be an on site thing.

Whenever things like this happen, I always think I have a virus, and then...I think I need a new computer.

Oh, and I always blame it on my updates, too. (I hate updates.)

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks @TabbyTom
, it seems to be better now, just extremely slow, like hesitating when typing, and taking it's time when 'previewing' etc. :hi:
I know I type slow, but not that slow, ...:lol2: .. at least I know that it must be an on site thing. :nod:
Whenever things like this happen, I always think I have a virus, and then...I think I need a new computer.
It's just a bug in the system. Don't go buying a new computer each time it happens. Not necessary it's a virus.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks @TabbyTom
, it seems to be better now, just extremely slow, like hesitating when typing, and taking it's time when 'previewing' etc.

I know I type slow, but not that slow, ...
.. at least I know that it must be an on site thing.

It's just a bug in the system. Don't go buying a new computer each time it happens. Not necessary it's a virus.
Okay, good advice. 

Sent twice.

Buying New computers all the time, would be expensive.
Dang! It just happen right here! [emoji]128563[/emoji]

Okay, i did the double emoji's. Just messing with you, now, @TabbyTom.

Please forgive me.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Okay, good advice.  :bigthumb:
Sent twice. :lol3:
Buying New computers all the time, would be expensive.
:crackup: :crackup: :clap: :clap:
Okay, i did the double emoji's. Just messing with you, now, @TabbyTom
Please forgive me. :bigwink:  
cat nap cat nap You are Forgiven. Here, I give you two computers [emoji]128187[/emoji] [emoji]128421[/emoji].........:lol3: :surf: :flail:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
[thread="330867"]Has Anyone Else Been Having Multiple Pms Posting Or The Site Saying You Already Submitted The Form#post_4155322  [/thread]
@cat napYou are Forgiven. Here, I give you two computers [emoji]128187[/emoji] [emoji]128421[/emoji].........
Wow, thanks for the two computers, @TabbyTom.

One looks like a laptop, and the other a cool large flat-screen.

All I seem to come up with are the old time CRT monitor-type ones.
Goodness, this is huge, with the drive right beneath it.

This one looks a little better....
....but still the old screen. ...The two you're giving me are way, way better.

Actually, I just did a malware and anti-virus scan, on my system, and all looks okay.

Seems like problems just fix themselves, sometimes. Especially, when I walk away and come back.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@cat nap  @Willowy  @Primula  @TabbyTom

We're very sorry about the double posting problem. It is a problem with the site, not your computers. Our tech team are trying to sort it out now, please bear with us.

In the meantime if you see any double posts could you flag them? It helps if we now when and where the problem occurs.

Thank you 

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@cat nap
 @Willowy
 @Primula
 @TabbyTom

We're very sorry about the double posting problem. It is a problem with the site, not your computers. Our tech team are trying to sort it out now, please bear with us.

In the meantime if you see any double posts could you flag them? It helps if we now when and where the problem occurs.

Thank you 

:catguy:
No worries Mod, we understand that it is a bug ;)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

@cat nap  @Willowy  @Primula  @TabbyTom

Thank you 

Thank you for that speedy reply, @Norachan.

Do you mean go back and flag the double posts, that we have already seen?

Or only any future ones?

That is pretty easy to do.

I don't really know if I want to flag my own PMs, though, it's only happened multiple times in the last one, I think,  and even though it's just innocent babble,...it seems weird to have someone reading my PMs.

(Is it okay, if I don't flag my PMs? Would that cause a problem?)

Although, if I tell you the time was December 9th, at 1:14am, and then on December 9th at 1:09pm, that seems okay.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to see this thread.  I thought my mind was slipping!  The site has told me several times that I had already posted content when I did not think I had.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Thank you for that speedy reply, @Norachan.

Do you mean go back and flag the double posts, that we have already seen?

Or only any future ones?

That is pretty easy to do.

I don't really know if I want to flag my own PMs, though, it's only happened multiple times in the last one, I think,  and even though it's just innocent babble,...it seems weird to have someone reading my PMs.

(Is it okay, if I don't flag my PMs? Would that cause a problem?)

Although, if I tell you the time was December 9th, at 1:14am, and then on December 9th at 1:09pm, that seems okay.
I think it will be fine if you just flag any future double posts. Of course you don't have to flag your PM's if you don't want to. If you get the "You have already submitted..." message your PM will have already been sent, so you don't need to submit again. 

If it won't submit or if you have any other problems sending/receiving PM's let us know and we'll see if we can help.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm glad to see this thread.  I thought my mind was slipping!  The site has told me several times that I had already posted that content when I did not think I had.
In a 'nutshell' that was exactly what I was thinking at the time, @Boris Diamond. That 'my mind was slipping'.

Only the first few times, though, after that,...I figured it was technical.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I think it will be fine if you just flag any future double posts. Of course you don't have to flag your PM's if you don't want to. If you get the "You have already submitted..." message your PM will have already been sent, so you don't need to submit again. 

If it won't submit or if you have any other problems sending/receiving PM's let us know and we'll see if we can help.
Thanks for the clarification, @Norachan

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
It's always good to find out the problem was a machine and not the brain! 
So very true.

(It would be nice to blame a machine, IRL (in real life) when misplacing car keys, important paperwork, and gloves, too.
)