Hartz Fur Fetcher

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This brush is awesome .. My cats love to be brushed with this . They rub up against me and purr like a chainsaw ..

It is hard plastic so I was not sure they would even let me touch them with it but they love it .. It takes out all the loose hair and leave the coat smooth and shiny .. 

I high recommend this ..

Attached is a pic of an example of the hair that comes out . View media item 267173

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Added to our Reviews section ;) 
[product="20471"]Hartz Groomers Best Fur Fetcher For Cats  [/product]

jooyi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Question: is yours a long- or short-hair cat?  Got one for my Ragdoll and didn't work out too well compared to a Furanator.  Haven't tried it yet on my shorthair cat, should try it sometime this week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Question: is yours a long- or short-hair cat?  Got one for my Ragdoll and didn't work out too well compared to a Furanator.  Haven't tried it yet on my shorthair cat, should try it sometime this week.
Yeah, mine are both short haired  .. It works awesome for them .  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ordered one of these from Amazon. It's arriving tomorrow. I have 2 long haired and 1 short haired so I guess I will test it out on both and see how it goes. 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I ordered one of these from Amazon. It's arriving tomorrow. I have 2 long haired and 1 short haired so I guess I will test it out on both and see how it goes. 
I am not sure how it will work with long hair but it works fabulous with my shorthaired cats .. It gets all the loose hair out . It does make a mess though because it does not catch much hair but I just run my hand over the coat to catch the loose hair .

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am not sure how it will work with long hair but it works fabulous with my shorthaired cats .. It gets all the loose hair out . It does make a mess though because it does not catch much hair but I just run my hand over the coat to catch the loose hair .
I bought it more with Henry in mind than the girls but I'll see how it goes with them, too. Henry's my short haired. His coat is 100% better since I changed his diet from what the shelter had him on to what the girls eat. It's so much thicker, softer and shinier and he sheds way less than before. He's really loving being petted now that I want to see how he takes to brushing. When we first met him, I petted him and my hand was covered in fur. Now, not at all. 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I bought it more with Henry in mind than the girls but I'll see how it goes with them, too. Henry's my short haired. His coat is 100% better since I changed his diet from what the shelter had him on to what the girls eat. It's so much thicker, softer and shinier and he sheds way less than before. He's really loving being petted now that I want to see how he takes to brushing. When we first met him, I petted him and my hand was covered in fur. Now, not at all. 
I know what you mean . Diet makes a big difference .. My cats were eating RC and their coat was dry and flaky . Since I have switched them to Blue Wilderness they have thick shiny coats and no flakes .. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just tried it on Henry and it didn't take anything off. He's a DSH and when I was petting him, I didn't see much undercoat. The girls have tons of it. I gave Sophie (Persian) a few swipes with it to see if it did anything and I did get some fluff that looks a lot like what you got off your kitty- the cottony undercoat. Henry didn't know what to make of it. My suspicion is that he's never been brushed before but he's got a very low maintenance coat, especially when you compare him to the diva sisters.

padfootandmoony

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just switched my girl over to grain free food and she is losing less hair but I still would like something that really gets the extra hair off her. Right now I am just using a metal pronged brush but she still seems to have so much hair flying when I am done. I have been looking for a new brush but can't decide since she is just a short haired kitty. 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just tried it on Henry and it didn't take anything off. He's a DSH and when I was petting him, I didn't see much undercoat. The girls have tons of it. I gave Sophie (Persian) a few swipes with it to see if it did anything and I did get some fluff that looks a lot like what you got off your kitty- the cottony undercoat. Henry didn't know what to make of it. My suspicion is that he's never been brushed before but he's got a very low maintenance coat, especially when you compare him to the diva sisters.
That is good , maybe he is not much of a shedder . My two shed like crazy and this brush works wonders for them .. 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So I just switched my girl over to grain free food and she is losing less hair but I still would like something that really gets the extra hair off her. Right now I am just using a metal pronged brush but she still seems to have so much hair flying when I am done. I have been looking for a new brush but can't decide since she is just a short haired kitty. 
This brush works awesome on my cats for getting out the loose hair .  I still use a slicker brush on occasion as well ..

jooyi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just tired it on my short-hair cat and looks like it collected more than the slicker did.  The undercoat it collected appears longer in length.  It also left her fur much more smoother feeling when petting.  I'll add to my grooming arsenal.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just tired it on my short-hair cat and looks like it collected more than the slicker did.  The undercoat it collected appears longer in length.  It also left her fur much more smoother feeling when petting.  I'll add to my grooming arsenal.
Yeah , I love it .  My cats really like it , it feels good to them for some reason ..

padfootandmoony

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So this brush was well accepted by my girl as well! I like that it is plastic instead of the metal because she doesn't like the metal, She was purring while I used this one on her and it took out a lot of hair! 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So this brush was well accepted by my girl as well! I like that it is plastic instead of the metal because she doesn't like the metal, She was purring while I used this one on her and it took out a lot of hair! 
That is awesome , I am glad she likes it .  My cats also  purr when I brush them with it ..