Hartz Flea & Tick Drops

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I don't belive this. When I got Peaches last November she came from the humane society and had fleas. I bought some of the hartz drops and used them on her. Thanks God she is ok. After I used them I decided to give her a flea bath instead. Don't know if that helped or not but I'm so glad she seems unaffected.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People don't realize how harmful this stuff is! People (I was one of them that used it once too) just assume that since it's on the market, it's gotta be safe. It's just sickening that Hartz would continue to sell products that have been known to kill animals instead of helping them.

I wonder if those Hartz people sleep very good at night knowing that!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, and the thing that makes me sick is that Hartz is an old name in Pet Care. People trust them. It would be like Gerber baby food finding out their baby food was contaminated and not doing something about it. It's a crime! No other way to put it.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree! You would think that there would have to be some kind of regulations on those products. I hope that they get pulled off the shelves for good!

I know at work (Walmart), I've seen a few people pick that stuff up. I know I shouldn't say anything to take away from a sale, but I tell the people how awful that stuff is. Plus, more than half the time that stuff doesn't work & the customer (and the cat!) is better off getting flea stuff from the vet. It all comes down to education. It's too bad that some animal lovers don't try to educate themselves on products that they are using on their animals.

kitty queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Those stories are horrible! This is outrageous! I signed, but I doubt that this would help much. If this problem hasn't been taken care of yet, maybe it will be a while before it is. There are so many stores that cary this product. I haven't used it (I heard the stories before I could), so I can't protest the product because it hasn't done anything to me. What if we all wrote letters to the heads of major pet stores? Maybe that would help. I really want to do something about this.

cats&kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well sign it guys and hope they pull deadly hartz off the shelf now
know what kill my cat chloe since i use hartz flea drop on her last
year in august 27 ,,i put in august think it was safe now know she didn't die of west nile diease

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ellie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitten,

I'm so sorry to hear about Chloe. I used the stuff 7 years ago but luckily it didn't do any harm to my cats. Take care.

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everytime I see someone looking at those things in Petsmart or Walmart I try to talk them out of buying the product. I cant believe they can still sell those products. My vet had a cat not too long ago in the back she was treating because of those flea drops when I was there. I know I probably shouldnt try and stick my nose in and try to talk people out of buying them in the store but I feel I have to because people just dont know what they are buying. I'm not a real outspoken person either, I dont normally approach people that comfortably but when I see someone looking at those things I cant just stay quiet, I have to warn them of what I have heard and read about them. One day they will probably run me out of Petsmart!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ellie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
<<I know I probably shouldnt try and stick my nose in and try to talk people out of buying them in the store but I feel I have to because people just dont know what they are buying.>>

Good for you. I do the same thing. I just can't understand why it isn't taken off the market.

<<One day they will probably run me out of Petsmart!>>

You gave me an idea. I'm going to write to the stores that sell Hartz and tell the how harmfull the product is. It will be interesting to see what kind of replies I get.