Harness For Air Travel?

Adelei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Does anyone know whether a harness without metal will make air travel easier with cats? I had previously purchased a harness called "TSA Fast Pass" () for one of my older cats, but never actually used it for air travel as I had intended. I now have two 1 year old cats that I will be taking from China to the USA, probably within the next year and I'm hoping to have them in the cabin with me. The TSA harness I had previously purchased is too big for them, so I either need to buy a smaller size or buy a different harness. I'm just wondering how important or helpful it would really be to have the harness with no metal. According to the Amazon page (and their website), having no metal makes going through security easier. Has anyone had experience with taking cats through security checkpoints with a harness on? And do you have any recommendations on good harnesses for travel?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I prefer a walking jacket over a regular harness for air travel just because I think it's harder for the cats to get out of it. The ones I have close with velcro but still have a metal D-ring to attach a leash, and of course the leash has a metal clasp. I've never had any issues going through airport security even carrying 2 cats together.

I recently got a new kitten who is too small for the vests I have. I ended up getting a regular harness for her that has two small metal parts, similar to this one Grreat Choice® Kitten Harness | cat Harnesses | PetSmart. Again, there was no issue going through airport security.