harness for a fat cat

elliriyanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Emma has long since Outgrown a cat harness ... but i don't know where to go from here for her. She is harness trained and has been in a carrier only twice in her life ( her first vet visit and the day we brought her home) 

Plus lately she wants to run outside and explore and I thought maybe if boyfriend took the cat for a walk while I took the dog for a walk that may ease her urge to run and explore. 

There are so many types of harnesses ... I love my puppia ( for my dog who doesnt understand he needs air) but I worry with cats body differences a small dog harness wouldnt work. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elliriyanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Emma is just very fat. Its been an ongoing issue. Thanks for the harness idea. I just have to convince my boyfriend that a cat on a harness is great for her not cruelty. 

elliriyanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No I have never free fed anything. She gets a certain amount of kibble in the morning and a can ( 3 oz ) at night. Switching her over completely to canned did not go well . So I am still working on a plan to get her onto a better diet. 

elliriyanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This thread really is not about her weight, just about finding a harness for her.