Hare Today Canadian Equivalent?

Selarah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there a hair today gone tomorrow equivalent online store for Canadians?

I am looking for raw food for my cat with no supplements, so I can supplement myself due to suspected yolk and fish oil intoloerances, and to rule them out as allergens. I have found a couple bone, organ and meat only grinds, however if its too bone heavy, Sebastian becomes constipated. Hare Today does not deliever to Canada. Wondering if anyone familar with allergies and raw feeding could direct me on what to do for supplements and even food. I was reading that I could cut the grinds with plain meat, but I don't know where in Canada I can order plain novel protiens without the bones. (looking at rabbit atm, but willing to try any meat other than fowl and fish) I am a complete newbie when it comes to cat nutrition, let alone raw feeding. I am overhwelmed by everything I read. Grinding and making at home is not an option right now, Thanks.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
A butcher shop may be your best bet. There are some that carry novel proteins.

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Which province are you in?

I’m in Calgary and use Moki Runs. 80/10/10 mixes and Alnutrin. I’ve got my servings down to about 30c each :yess:

I found my supplier by joining a dog raw feeding Facebook page. In Alberta there are no shortages of suppliers and its way cheaper then buying premade.

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also- boneless rabbit is pretty much impossible unless you want to buy whole rabbit and do it yourself. You can get frozen rabbits at the Superstore and they have organs which is good (but you’ll need a grinder). The frozen ones at Superstore are between $20-25 each and if you grind the whole thing yields about 3-4lbs. I’ve done this several times.

I did find a local farmer that would do a whole rabbit and debone it for me but it was $40 per rabbit and was anywhere between 1.8-2.2lbs so not economical at all with the way my guy chows down on bunnies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selarah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awesome!! Thanks Tillybug Tillybug

I am in Alberta too. Edmonton area. You use Alnutrin with the 80/10/10 grinds?

I’m pretty new to raw feeding and need to learn how to search for suppliers. Have any tips?

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
71905B0E-8145-49B9-8616-FE6C84A23F1B.jpeg
E0BA4688-B614-47D2-99B7-CCD66F538DBE.jpeg
courtlyncustomdogfood.com

Moki Runs is the distributor in my area for Courtlyn. They have distributors in Edmonton too. The only issue is you have to buy a month out and plan ahead. I buy the 5lb chubs of 80/10/10 and mix with with Alnutrin for meat and bone, divide into snack size baggies in 2oz portions. Sometimes there are bones larger then my liking so I regrind the whole chub (because I have a grinder and can). All of those chubs in the pic were $48 Canadian and I got over 100 servings of food.

I’ve also done the EZ Complete and got ground meat from Costco but the EZ was crazy expensive for us with what you get. Plus Dave can’t have chicken and that has chicken liver. EZ absolutely lives up to its name though if you want easy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selarah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tillybug Tillybug
This is awesome!! Thank-you so much for that link and info. What a beautiful kitty you have too. :heartshape: