Hard white/scabbed nipples

Toddhund

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat has had scabs and hard white lumps on his nipples for a bit now. We asked the vet about them, and she said they weren't a big deal. But the fact that she barely looked at them and didn't tell us what was going on still has me concerned about them. I found one rather large one today and I just want to know what's going on.

His nipples weren't like this when we got him. He seems annoyed when I look at them but not in any pain. They resemble comodones in that the outer skin is not attached to it, but it is attached further down.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When was The last time your Vet "looked" at them? Did they look like that picture when she saw them? I have no idea what it might be, but if it's different from when he had his last visit, I'd see if you can at least forward this picture to them to take a look. And if this is how it was, then I'd ask them to explain WHY you shouldn't worry about it.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’ve had cats male and female that had nipples like that. I’m certainly not a vet but it seems like it really isn’t anything serious or I would have known. A female I had that had those lived till she was 13. She actually passed from complications of hyperthyroidism.