Hard Times Coming

fruityboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello everyone i have a 17 year old berman seal point the most amazing little fellow ever 4 weeks ago he had 2 massive fits in a row right in front of me when he stopped fitting we rushed him to the vets by this time he was starting to recover did bloods kidneys a liitle adnormal not bad for his age but starting to decline he is on tablets for kidneys now.he has never had seizures before but i think this might have caused some brain damage his behaviour has changed quite a bit at night he calls out for hours every time he goes for a pee he wants it changed straight away drinks a lot more water not sure what to do we do not want have a brain scan because it stresses him out so bad being put under anaesthetic i know he is getting old but the calling out most of the night is no good for all of us he is also very jumpy now any ideas would be geatly appreciated

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. So when the vet checked out your buddy, did they do the full senior blood panel - CBC, Chemistry Profile, T4 (thyroid)? Seizures can be brought on by imbalances in the electrolytes/enzymes, which can in turn cause abnormal behavior, not to mention excessive drinking, as well as other issues.

Aside from the chemical imbalances, does he go outside? If he does, he could have ingested something that was poisonous - which also can cause seizures, kidney issues, excessive drinking, and a host of other things.

How is his eating?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fruityboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he is eating pretty normal he does go outside but usually stays on our property these days i wonder if he is getting older his sences are slowy declining causing these behaviours too not sure but being woken up all night is not good for us as well we love him dearly and know he is on the down slope everry now and thenhe reverts back to his old ways for a few minutes chasing you like a puppy would to play sad to see him getting old

fruityboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. So when the vet checked out your buddy, did they do the full senior blood panel - CBC, Chemistry Profile, T4 (thyroid)? Seizures can be brought on by imbalances in the electrolytes/enzymes, which can in turn cause abnormal behavior, not to mention excessive drinking, as well as other issues.

Aside from the chemical imbalances, does he go outside? If he does, he could have ingested something that was poisonous - which also can cause seizures, kidney issues, excessive drinking, and a host of other things.

How is his eating?
not sure with the thyroid one have to check results again

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If everything else checks out, cats can get a form of dementia, and it most commonly effects them most at night. Basically they get lost and cry out for help because they don't know where they are. If you think that might be the case is it possible to keep him in one room at night? It might help prevent him from getting "lost" his the house.

fruityboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If everything else checks out, cats can get a form of dementia, and it most commonly effects them most at night. Basically they get lost and cry out for help because they don't know where they are. If you think that might be the case is it possible to keep him in one room at night? It might help prevent him from getting "lost" his the house.
thank you will try that one he likes to share himself around at night every bedroom get a visit lol