Hard food for cat allergic to everything

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you had an incredible bond.

Rawz only has 1 pate without her allergens. All the rest of the food won’t work. Boo. We have a few Concord Pets Stores by us that sell a lot of good food, so we’re there all the time. I think I spend more on cat food than I do on people food.
1 pate is all you need. If you email Rawz, they will send you samples. If she likes the food, give it an honest trial period of six to twelve weeks. If she's stable, great! You can build from there knowing that you have a stable base. If she's reacting to the food, you can cross that one off easily enough without wondering which food caused what. When navigating food sensitivities, variety is the devil. If you have too many foods in rotation (or too many proteins on the label), it's practically impossible to determine which food or ingredient is causing what reaction.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Schmoopita

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For wet have you tried Koha Limited ingredient for wet? I looked at the lamb shreds (their shreds are more of a fine grind in gravy, but not quite smooth as a pate) and it seemed like it didn't have any of their allergens. They also have duck and turkey, if she can tolerate them... and kangaroo. I came across those when we were allergy testing Delilah (she won't touch pate). Lotus has a line called "Just Juicy" that comes in pork, venison, and pollock.

I was having trouble finding kibble during the allergy process as well (turned out to be another medical issue altogether so her royal crankiness eats whatever she will or won't touch at the moment).
Yes, we love Koha! Right now she gets the turkey and duck pate and she can eat a few of the shreds as well. Weruva also makes wet food she can eat. She’s not liking the Almo brand much, so strike out there. I’m happy we have quite a few wet foods. She started snacking on the Smalls hard food after I left it out, so hoping she’s getting used to it. Its expensive and they do a subscription plan so it’s a bit of a pain. I’ve already had to push out an auto delivery before she even started eating it. But whatever makes her happy!