Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are the traditional Thanksgiving dishes?
For us its just the regular turkey (with gravy), stuffing/dressing and mashed potatoes. We often have ham as well. We'll do carrots, corn and/or string beans for our veggies. Lot's of people will make sweet potatoes, or a sweet potato casserole....we don't normally, but have sometimes. We'll make mashed turnips...although didn't have any this year. And for dessert, there is always a pumpkin pie and something else...this year was a home made blueberry pie made from berries picked this summer. And of course there are always, pickles, pickled beets, cheese, crackers, olives etc..for people to snack on, and dinner rolls or biscuits served warm with dinner. The meals (for us) aren't fancy but we always have lots

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A question for our northern neighbors. What are the traditional Thanksgiving dishes? Entres and desert s, please. And side dishes!
Enquiring minds want to know!
My family's Thanksgiving dinner is pretty much the same as Jem Jem 's. Turkey, stuffing/dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies (usually frozen peas). Pumpkin or apple pie for dessert. Nothing too fancy. Now that I'm vegetarian, I substitute a veggie turk'y product for real turkey, and eat everything else same as before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A question for our northern neighbors. What are the traditional Thanksgiving dishes? Entres and desert s, please. And side dishes!
Enquiring minds want to know!

Turkey with gravy, mashes potatoes, sweet potatoes or squash (This year we had squash), pees, broccoli, wine, pumpkin pie with whipped cream :) pretty similar minus the cranberry sauce - just not a personal fan. The occasional butter tart is there too!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving from Ruby and me to all the US kitties and their humans.

1606422212761.png

And to answer M maggiedemi 's question ...

Did you go to your family's house for Thanksgiving? Do you have a big family?
Small family, and we did have a family dinner on Thanksgiving, but that was back in October, when things weren't so bad with the virus. They had turkey, while I had my Gardein Stuffed Turk'y.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small family, and we did have a family dinner on Thanksgiving, but that was back in October, when things weren't so bad with the virus.
Oh man, I didn't mean that in a judgmental way regarding Corona traveling! I was just really curious about your family. I sure have a talent for wording things wrong, don't I? Well everybody's gotta have a talent. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh man, I didn't mean that in a judgmental way regarding Corona traveling! I was just really curious about your family. I sure have a talent for wording things wrong, don't I? Well everybody's gotta have a talent. :lol:
No, no, no. All fine. 🤗 I'm just worried that we won't be able to get together over Christmas, so that's why I mentioned it.