Happy Thanksgiving To All........

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For a holiday built around family - - -I wanted to say a brief thank you to all of those who came up with this site, those who keep this site running so beautifully, and of course, to all of the members who provide a shoulder when needed, lots of advice (some when it's needed, some when it's not :p), and.....in general...making this place such a place of comfort and caring. So many sites attempt this - - few actually make it happen. I have referred this site to hundreds and hundreds of people, hoping if it even helps them 1/10th of what it's helped me, it's worth them taking the time to find it!

Thank you again to all - - - -

Kitttychick (& hubby)......

and of course all of our furry family members: Bowie, Jo, Moo, Flick, Sookie, Crosby, Aspen and Brady)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kittychick kittychick - What a lovely sentiment! Happy Thanksgiving from this little Family, to yours - and to everyone else's, from Miro, Black Friday, Clawed-Ya, Scottiecat, Lance, Peanut, Bob, Puff, Oz, White Tip and, of course, from the sweetest cat in the world - who'd never jump up on the counter and push a serving spoon onto the floor as a distraction - Moo Shu Snowshoe.

moozoom2.gif

mooshuwing.jpg

"What? What??? Were you saving this for some reason?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a nice post, kittychick kittychick . I joined here when I needed help with some elder kitties I'd adopted, and this site was a lifesaver with advice and support. TCS is an amazing resource and a wonderful community. Happy Thanksgiving to those who observe the holiday from our fur-family to yours.

download.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks to all who responded so kindly (although I feel kinda bad that a) I didn't think to say "to those who observe it" since it's far from a world-wide holiday and b) I didn't know where to put it - - so I put it in "my" forum (the forum where I spend most of my time). Thank you to whomever moved it to the correct spot. Hopefully everyone will cut me some slack - I obviously had a lotta pie flour in my face - I couldn't even spell my own name right!!! (kiTTTychick) argh. Turkey day bloat and pie are today and tomorrow's (can we stretch that till Monday?) excuse for everything!

I really DO feel ALWAYS indebted to those who work this site, from Site Owner Anne Anne to moderators like Norachan Norachan , and advisors like shadowsrescue shadowsrescue , and on and on and on. Without this site, I wouldn't have learned like I have about how cats are treated differently worldwide (some in ways I don't understand, some in ways I do - but I'm learning!), and I also love that though we may often have different ways of going about things - in general, we're all here to learn more about cats, and to make ourselves better cat guardians (and to help others do so when we can!). So many on this site have often helped me learn that, even if sometimes views are different - generally we're all doing what we're doing for the same reasons - - to help, when we can, make the lives of another being, particularly furry (generally), feline ones. And if we end up educating someone a bit, or opening their eyes about to other options.....or vice versa.....this forum has succeeded. Thanks for helping me remember that often....people like tabbytom tabbytom ....@msaimee ...... @Sarthur2....@di and bob....... @stefanz [email protected] SO among others..... THANK you SO much - - on this happiest of Thanksgiving weekends!

And to sign off....our little ex-feral, Flick, reminds us what Thanksgiving is REALLY all about in the US ......the food...and how much better food is if it's homemade....AND snuck off the counter when mom turns her back. :flail:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Kittychick

Flick helps mom make Noodles.jpg

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you! :redheartpump:

I love this holiday, even though we don't observe it where I live (Israel). I think it's always a good thing to stop and think about the good things in our lives that we're thankful for. Personally, I think good wishes should never be limited because well, why not spread the good and the positive?:lovecat3:

We posted a Thanksgiving message in our Facebook feed too, so sharing it here -

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Geeez.........@kittychick, thank you for this thread which is lovely and for remembering me and mentioning me as I don’t frequent The Cat Lounge. It’s an honor.

I don’t know what I did to get into your good books (ahem) :p, but I guess we are here to help those who needs help or st a loss and through the many unselfish members who shared and cared and have made this site a great site to belong to.

You too have helped many through your experiences and am glad that you are part of the community. I thank you too.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

7E917164-BDD2-49EE-AF83-23059B103C70.gif

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Aww, what a lovely thread! Thank you kittychick kittychick

:heartshape:

We don't have Thanksgiving in Japan, but the cold weather and the dark nights are a good excuse for some extra treats and some longer snuggle times with my (not-so-feral) buddies.

This year we're sharing our home with four foster kittens.

NewKittens125.jpg

They're very thankful that some kind person picked them up and brought them to me after they lost their Mum. I'm very thankful that the rest of the gang are so tolerant about them.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

:wavey:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you kittychick kittychick . Yet, I would like to say thank you to you as well. You always write the most insightful posts and you are so very caring and patient. I love reading your threads and learning through your experiences as well.