Happy Gotcha Day to Zoe and Rico!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
New Year's Eve five years ago, we got Zoe and RIco.  Our most beloved 'only child' kitty Skittles had died on Dec. 8, 2009.  I wasn't sure I could ever get another cat, because the pain of loss was too great.  But the house was so empty without a kitty in it, and two weeks later, I found the most beautiful black kitten on the SPCA website.  Hubby went to look at her on New Year's Eve while I was at work and called to say she had a brother, a tuxedo with whom he'd fallen in love, and what did I think of getting two instead of one.....?  

The rest is history.  
Here they are hanging out together five years later.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Another Gotcha Day rolls around. :hearthrob::redheartpump:

Eight years ago today we picked up Rico and Zoe at the SPCA as three month old kittens. They don't sleep together like they did as kittens, but they still hang out and groom each other.

This is from a couple of days ago. Rico's at the back left grooming Zoe.

IMG_3462.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Gotcha Day rolls around. :hearthrob::redheartpump:

Eight years ago today we picked up Rico and Zoe at the SPCA as three month old kittens. They don't sleep together like they did as kittens, but they still hang out and groom each other.

This is from a couple of days ago. Rico's at the back left grooming Zoe.

View attachment 212142
Happy the home with multiple cats! Happy belated Gotcha Day, Rico and Zoe! Thrive in the love of your family! :celebrate::dunce::jester::party::party2::party3::woohoo:

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Happy the home with multiple cats! Happy belated Gotcha Day, Rico and Zoe! Thrive in the love of your family! :celebrate::dunce::jester::party::party2::party3::woohoo:
I just realized that next month will be Hannah's fifth anniversary here--wow, time flies! Ozzy's 8th gotcha day comes in July.

betsygee

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for the good wishes, everybody. :rock: I'm hoping for many more anniversaries with them! :agree: