Happy Cats!

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our feral kitties are SO funny! They turned on the back porch light (on a motion detector) at seven AM this COLD morning. I looked out the window and watched them chasing and playing with each other. It was 0* with a wind chill of -18*! I knew it was going to be quite cold this weekend, so I made another shelter/bed to put in the "cat house" (the shed). ... Warmed meat breakfast and fresh water at seven o'clock, more playtime until about ten o'clock, and now it must be nap time.

Doug

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You're very thoughtful and I'm sure the feral kitties appreciated their warm breakfast and cozy shelter/bed too. :hugs:

It was 4F degrees without the windchill when I woke up this morning and snow as far as the eye can see so I can relate to your weather temps. :cold:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our feral kitties are SO funny! They turned on the back porch light (on a motion detector) at seven AM this COLD morning. I looked out the window and watched them chasing and playing with each other. It was 0* with a wind chill of -18*! I knew it was going to be quite cold this weekend, so I made another shelter/bed to put in the "cat house" (the shed). ... Warmed meat breakfast and fresh water at seven o'clock, more playtime until about ten o'clock, and now it must be nap time.

Doug
BRRRR! -8* with a -19* wind chill index (Jan. 21, 2019). The kitties ate their warmed breakfast, drank some water, and are cuddled up on the door mat in front of the shed door. It's going to be a SUNNY but cold day today.

Doug

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- 5°C (+/- 23°F) here in Belgium. I am providing this handsome (feral/stray ?)boy/girl (?) with tasty food and fresh water since a few days. He/she is well fed by a neighbour and sleeps in a garden shed at night but sometimes he/she claims some more food, by sitting and staring through the window of my back door.
Like this

IMG_20181226_145909 (3).jpg

Irresistible, no ?

Unfortunately Missy doesn't like him/her :(

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
- 5°C (+/- 23°F) here in Belgium. I am providing this handsome (feral/stray ?)boy/girl (?) with tasty food and fresh water since a few days. He/she is well fed by a neighbour and sleeps in a garden shed at night but sometimes he/she claims some more food, by sitting and staring through the window of my back door.
Like this

View attachment 271386

Irresistible, no ?

Unfortunately Missy doesn't like him/her :(
mama africa,,, what a gorgeous kittie!!! I think (because I'm not a pro with feral kitties) outside cats find it entertaining watching us through the door windows.

Doug

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mama africa,,, what a gorgeous kittie!!! I think (because I'm not a pro with feral kitties) outside cats find it entertaining watching us through the door windows.

Doug
You could be right; I noticed that his/her visits are not always food-related; sometimes he/she doesn't touch the bowl with food.
It must be very fascinating to watch what is going on inside, especially with Missy on the other side.

oldtinsmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
BRRRR! -8* with a -19* wind chill index (Jan. 21, 2019). The kitties ate their warmed breakfast, drank some water, and are cuddled up on the door mat in front of the shed door. It's going to be a SUNNY but cold day today.

Doug
12* with a -1* chill index. The kitties are back to running, jumping, and chasing each other the morning! I guess they like the twenty degree warmer swing in the temperature!

Doug