Hand Vac Recommendations

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my 4 cats is a messy eater and keeps dropping dry food all over my powder room floor. I have bad knees and the food pieces are fairly small trying to sweep it up is not working. If anyone has ideas that do not require me to bend or kneel a lot it would be appreciated. I have an outlet in my powder room so it does not have to be cordless. Something that is not extremely expensive would be nice.

My hubby decided to order a matt with raised edges to try contain the food. Still looking for suggestions in case this does not work.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Bissell a lot.

For a handheld to suck up wet food (or dry food) from the carpet as well as picking up stray litter,

Pet Hair Eraser® Hand Vac 2390 | BISSELL Handheld Vacuum

For a stick/handheld combo, I have the BOLT. It’s alright. I like that it’s a combo and easy to switch between the two. I also like that it has both a swivel head and a folding body that lets it get under things without having to get under those things myself. It could use a little more power. But it still does a good job. I am currently using this every other day for fleas without having to pull my corded one from room to room and do an awkward dance with the cord the whole time.

BOLT 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum 1954 | BISSELL

I don’t like the Dysons. I have an upright and a handheld. The handheld has a crappy upholstery tool that keeps folding on itself. Actually it’s the same stupid design on the upright’s upholstery attachment. The handheld blows exhaust in my face. And both of them have a stupid spring loaded dirt canister that gives back a certain amount of what you vacuumed as a dust cloud that may or may not be contained within the trash receptacle you open it over. It’s really the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. I spend all that time cleaning a room just to spit some of it back out on the floor because the release is spring loaded.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom has a Shark vacuum that doubles as a handheld. It's pretty nifty and she seems to enjoy it.

Have you considered feeding them on an elevated table, like a card table, so that you wouldn't have to bend over to clean the surface?

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think if I had bad knees, I'd feed my cats on a tray on a table.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've had many hand held animal vacuums over the years but this one tops them all. It's like the energizer bunny, "it's still going." Besides buying it on-line you can also use a store coupon from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a canister vacuum with wheels that has a long handle section so you can get to corners without be bending. It also uses bags which I like because I hate cleaning filters or emptying a dust cup. I think it cost something like $80.