Halloween Help?!

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its that time of year again when I go completely nuts with decorating the inside of the house with everything Halloween I can get my hands on, that is all but my windows, and its time that changes.
So think like a cat and help me figure out something cheap or DIY I can do to my windows!

Anything made from yarn/spiderwebs (I crochet alot of my decorations) = eaten
Anything that blocks there view = tore apart so they can see out
Lights or cords = used as floss

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm.
What about something draped up high enough, across the top of the window (lights maybe but the cord would be coming down at some point along the side? which might not be safe?, or spiderwebs) they can't reach?
I'd LOVE to see pictures :)!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sadly I have only 2 windows the one has there huge cat tree right in front of it so they had the whole window they can reach. The other window I just got a glow in the dark paper skeleton from the store and taped it up along the top half leaving the bottom half with the window ac unit. Not sure what else to add yet.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I print out pictures I find online (or draw), they are only good for seeing in the light, no glow effects or anything, but still fun. Here is a pic from a few years ago, small pics so they don't block the view. Also cheap, if the cats tear them down or eat them (it happens) just print out new ones. I print them double sided so you can see the pic from inside and outside ( I messed up on a ghost there.)
HalloweenWindow6.jpg

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a family in my road who always decorate their house with cotton wall and tissue paper to act as spider webs each year, and then they place those little plastic spiders in them.
In the UK we have a good Halloween range at the Poundland, I presume the Dollar Store in the US also has some Halloween decorations for sale if you want to buy something cheap?

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a few but I was thinking where’s the fun if you can see them at night? But you know that still looks nice!

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's a family in my road who always decorate their house with cotton wall and tissue paper to act as spider webs each year, and then they place those little plastic spiders in them.
In the UK we have a good Halloween range at the Poundland, I presume the Dollar Store in the US also has some Halloween decorations for sale if you want to buy something cheap?
We have a Dollar tree and a dollar store here in the us, I only have a dollar tree near me but it’s the same thing really.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not stencil on a spiderweb or a ghost with removable window paint?

Glass Wax works great, too. You'll have to find its equivalent, though because it's extremely hard to find.

Decorate Your Windows With Glass Wax and Stencils

Holiday Harbour: Remember Glass Wax Stencils?

Also try the cleaner used on glass cooktops.

I read that chalk car window paint is hard to remove, but I can't verify that.

Could you put decorations such as spiderwebs on the outside of the window? You could make a papier mache spider and seal it well so it would be weatherproof.

This window projector kit is a bit expensive but I bet it would be fun.

The Holiday Aisle Projector with 4 Slides Halloween Christmas Heart Snowflakes | Wayfair

Do you have any creepy sounds playing outside (not too loud if you have neighbors closeby)?

What about a slow-flashing strobe or light aimed at the window like lightning? It would really illuminate the skeleton. You might use it to make the room go from dark to a flashed light, just enough to reveal the skeleton in the window.

Hope these ideas help or stimulate someone else to come up with ideas.

Do send us photos of what you do!

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow that was a lot! I’ll have to look and see what Walmart has.