Half Brain People

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very interesting. My Aunt has a large area of her brain removed for the same reason. She was far past childhood at the time of surgery. She had some recovery time and some minor losses but the seizures were gone for the first time in decades. She had the surgery in 1980. It was a huge success and she was able to drive again along with almost everything else she had done before the seizures took over. Sadly the blood she had received during surgery lead to her death a couple of years later but the time she had was wonderful. She said it had all been worth it to have quality of life. Coincidentally my daughter was injured in 1981 resulting in severe seizures and injury that was thought to have caused irreparable damage to her brain. Some of the damage was permanent but her recovery was also amazing. I’m very grateful my daughter and Aunt had time together. Their bond was unique and beautiful. We are in the infancy of understanding the recuperative powers of the brain. Just goes to show, we should never stop hoping. Thanks for posting that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
We are in the infancy of understanding the recuperative powers of the brain. Just goes to show, we should never stop hoping. Thanks for posting that.
~ Yes very true. In high school then again in Jr. Collage we were told the brain cells you are born with are all you get. Now with imaging and people recovering from brain damage we know this is not necessarily true in everyone. I hope with reproductive stem cell therapy future scientists can produce vital organ tissue. 😊👍

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very interesting. One more thing to add to the miracles of life! Now I wish they could come up with WHY some can regain almost total control again, how the brain rewires itself. Some enzyme, cell output...what sparked teh regeneration/rewiring?