Hairball Control Snacks (treats)

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received lately with my food order for my four years old cat Sombra a package of "Cat Delicious Hair BallControl" treats. Sombra is brushed every morning, she is shorthaired and has never had any hairball problems. I have let her taste these treats and she loved them but before giving them to her on a regular basis I would appreciate some opinions on the safety of letting her eat a hairball control product she doesn't need. The package indicates to give her 10 to 20 kibbles a day.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There shouldn't be any problem. Usually a hairball formula is higher in fiber, fish oil or mineral oil then the normal version. All stuff to keep things moving along basically. I wouldn't go over the recommended or you could face some loose stool but that should be the worst case scenario.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many thanks Kieka. Actually Sombra's dejections are on the dry side, so perhaps those treats may be useful.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably wouldn't give her more than 10 treats every other day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you maggiedemi. That is what I will do. I use the treats to reward Sombra for behaving during the brushing and I have variety of treats for that.