Hair Ties.....everywhere!!!

athegaylouise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was about midnight on a Saturday when I stumbled in through my front door after a long night of slaving away for 10 hours at the front desk of a busy downtown Nashville hotel.....the room was pitch black as my roommate had already retired to his quarters, but I heard the familiar sound of tiny bells as Blair and Dallas ran to greet me. 

I reached for the flashlight on my phone so I could navigate through my not-so tidy apartment to get to the lightswitch and with that small stream of light I saw the first victim.....a single black hair tie next to the coffee table. I bent down to pick it up and was met with two green eyes staring back at me with a look of pride and a slain hair tie dangling from her mouth. 

With a flip of the light switch I realized the massacre that had taken place while I was at work. 

About 50 hair ties had been brutalized and scattered throughout the apartment. A trail of them led to the scene of the crime in the bathroom....my hair tie drawer had been compromised and the poor things never had a chance against my grey little huntress Blair. 

After picking up the victims and laying most of them to rest in the trash I congratulated Blair on her kills and she walked around the rest of the evening with the most pride I've seen since the Moth incident of '14. 

I'm wondering if anyone else has any hunting stories from their indoor cats? lol 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Are hair ties like those multicolored stretchy toys I borrow from my cats when I have to pull my hair back ?

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha! This was hilarious! My babies like to hunt socks and underwear as I attempt to do the laundry!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

athegaylouise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea hair ties and moths are Blair's favorite victims to hunt lol When a moth gets in the apartment she will spend hours hunting it down and jumping on on the furniture to kill it lol 

I almost wish I could buy some live moths to let her hunt them, she has so much fun doing it.

I guess hair ties will have to do though haha

roobear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I don't know what it is about cats and elastic hair bands. My Max loved them, he couldn't actually kill them but cos our house was mostly tiled floor they would slide quite conveniently and he would chase them for hours until he eventually chased them to place where he couldn't get to them, my dad found fifty under the fridge, which explained why I would often find him staring suspiciously at the fridge.

laura h

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Comet has a taste for hair ties. If I take my hair down and put the tie on the table, it's history. I buy a pack a month. Right now I"m down to two. Ask Comet where the rest are. He won't tell me. I could probably keep the Goody company in business single-handedly.

roobear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you looked under the fridge? My dad found 50 under there once where Max had chased them.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My youngest cat Casey steals my hair ties if he can get to them. My hair ties are in my bathroom closet or my jewelry box.   I agree with looking behind the fridge the same thing happened to me when a painter moved my fridge to pain my kitchen. Also found a ton of hair ties under my dishwasher when I had a new one installed a few years ago.  They also end up under the furniture.

kittycort

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Funny!

One of my boys likes crickets. The poor things sneak in during the summer evenings and after hes done patting them around, he eats them. But he leaves a neat pile of cricket legs for me.

I guess the legs arent so tasty?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

athegaylouise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha Blair LOVES to catch moths. Anytime when a moth happens to get into the house she will spend hours hunting them down. I wish there was a way to purchase a moth or two so she could have fun with the hunt. She literally loves it!

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Haha Blair LOVES to catch moths. Anytime when a moth happens to get into the house she will spend hours hunting them down. I wish there was a way to purchase a moth or two so she could have fun with the hunt. She literally loves it!
Just leave the entry way light on and the door open for 30 seconds. I swear, I can't open the door in the summer with a light on without one of the little buggers flying in. 

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Our cats love to chase moths.  And crickets. and spiders.  We also get those nasty Jerusalem crickets (we call them earth babies here) but the cats won't touch them.  They must taste as nasty as they look.  

Phoenixcat224

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat would find a way into my downstairs bathroom jump on the closed toilet and then he would open the drawer that has all my hair things on it and grab about 12 hair ties and run meowing without a single one falling out from his mouth. It is the most hilarious 3 that I have ever witnessed and then I would find them in his food bowl just sitting there. Whenever I would catch him and say "GIZ WHAT ARE YOU DOING!:lol:" he would look at me and meow like he was saying "get away. MY PRESIOUS!!"

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just FYI hair ties can be quite dangerous to cats if they end up swallowing them. The receptionist at my doctor had to get a knot of hair ties removed from her cat's stomach a few years ago. It took her a while to pay off the debt.

Phoenixcat224

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just FYI hair ties can be quite dangerous to cats if they end up swallowing them. The receptionist at my doctor had to get a knot of hair ties removed from her cat's stomach a few years ago. It took her a while to pay off the debt.
I make sure to take the hair ties out of his food bowl before anything happens