Hair loss on ears

lisalisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is losing hair on his ears, any suggestions on what it may be?
About a month and a half ago, he suddenly came down with a really high fever and his white blood cell count was really low. We did all the tests (distemper, FIP, leukemia), everything came back negative. He is playful again and we recently brought new kitten home and he seems to really like him (he cleans him and chases him all around the house) they get along really well but he is not as loveable as he was before he suddenly became sick. His white blood cell count is in the low-normal range and he eats, drinks and plays normally. All of a sudden we noticed he is losing hair on his ears. His breed is a flame point persian himalayan and he is not even a year old yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat had the same thing last year. They tested her for ringworm, but it turned out to be ear mites. She was treated with Ivermectin and the vet had to clean her ears with some saline solution.
Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisalisa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will do some research on your suggestions. I will also check with my vet, he goes back for a check-up a week from tuesday. Thanks again!!
Lisa

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Lisalisa

I moved this to the proper forum so you would get more responses.