Hair loss on belly

sasha86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure if this is in the right area, but I have a 3 year old, spayed, female indoor cat and lately I've noticed the hair on her belly almost completely gone as well as on the inside of her back legs. I haven't really noticed any excessive grooming, but I'm assuming it's the cause and it's not just falling out on its own. Other than that she's fine, no change in her behaviour and it doesn't seem to bother her when I touch her belly.

I have another cat who is male, indoor, and neutered and he doesn't have this problem at all. I have noticed a few fleas on them recently though, and I also think they might have worms, so I'm wondering if that could be the cause

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww heck thats sounds odd.........I am sure you'd have mentioned it but is there any signs of a rash, spots or maybe skin flaking

I suppose the best thing to do is have the vet check her over.

Let us know what they say

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sasha86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

awww heck thats sounds odd.........I am sure you'd have mentioned it but is there any signs of a rash, spots or maybe skin flaking

I suppose the best thing to do is have the vet check her over.

Let us know what they say
Nope, no rash or spots or anything. I'm going to take her to the vet and see what they say, but hopefully they won't have to do a bunch of tests on her because it could not have come at a worse time seeing as I just had to pay for all my classes for uni.

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has your cat been eating high quality canned food?
Has she been stressed lately maybe a change ie. another pet died or left, change in home or some other drastic change?

My cat has the same thing, she is 9. Her condition occured when her dog died and because I have been feeding her the garbage sold in supermarkets. If she were eating
healthy, she would have taken the stress well without the Alopecia.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

Thank goodness for the recall, she is now eating healthy, her fur did not grow back under her belly/legs, but, her fur is glossier, her whiskers longer and stronger and she is somewhat more pleasant, not much because I took in a stray which set her back some.

I don't give her any medication for it, the vet wanted her to be on pills for the rest of her life. She is doing just fine without the pills.