Hair loss due to flea allergy?

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cat hair loss what can cause it. There is a sweet 3 year old cat in a shelter and her head and ears are fine, she just has licked all her hair off of her entire body. The vet Do flea allergy and gave her a cortisone shot to help with the itching, but she lives in a she lives in a shelter. I am afraid that because her immune system is down she will Reinfect herself every time someone picks her up.
I am frustrated because the staff use the same poop scoop for all cats and kittens and one other 8 month cat has ringworm. I am trying to help without being threatening but the tech staff do not realize that they keep cross containing other cats by not having separate poop scoops for each cat. 3 or 4 have eye Infections and, I think herpes is the cause. Any help in how I can help them with infection control. Also how can I help the cat that has lost all her hair. It has been almost 2 months now and I do not see too much new growth. I am afraid the vet will give her another cortisone shot and that may be too much without really checking the underlying cause as she is up for adaption. Help!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! 

That is very unsanitary.  The hair loss could be a flea allergy but if other cats have had ringworm I would be betting that she has it. 

detmut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Orleans area (Metairie), Louisiana, United Sta
Cat hair loss what can cause it. There is a sweet 3 year old cat in a shelter and her head and ears are fine, she just has licked all her hair off of her entire body. The vet Do flea allergy and gave her a cortisone shot to help with the itching, but she lives in a she lives in a shelter. I am afraid that because her immune system is down she will Reinfect herself every time someone picks her up.
I am frustrated because the staff use the same poop scoop for all cats and kittens and one other 8 month cat has ringworm. I am trying to help without being threatening but the tech staff do not realize that they keep cross containing other cats by not having separate poop scoops for each cat. 3 or 4 have eye Infections and, I think herpes is the cause. Any help in how I can help them with infection control. Also how can I help the cat that has lost all her hair. It has been almost 2 months now and I do not see too much new growth. I am afraid the vet will give her another cortisone shot and that may be too much without really checking the underlying cause as she is up for adaption. Help!
can you afford to buy some litter scoops for them? especially metal ones? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks I am going to check on that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ivory

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good night ea, yes I can and will talk with the staff, as they seem ver loving but not very up to date.