Hair Loss at tip of tail

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I recently noticed our small female cat appears to have lost some hair from the end of her tail. I have been able to get what I feel is a reasonable look at it, and it doesn't appear that she has any lesions, injuries or sensitivity there. When my wife looked at it, she said it looks as though someone just snipped the hair off or something.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Would/Could this happen from excessive tail licking or biting?

Is it a symptom of something larger?

Thanks,
Bill

horatio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sometimes when the taip tip is itchy, ur cat wud tend to bite it or it cud be a starting of a fungal infection... anyway, juz see for another couple of days n c is there any reddish on the tail tip... if yes, then u need to get some anti-fungal cream n apply to it but u need to put an e-collar on ur cat to avoid ur cat like the cream... if u r uncertain of doing so, to the vet u go...

kimay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my cats has the same thing happening, last week, I thought maybe someone had stepped on his tail, after keeping an eye on it I have noticed that he is licking and chewing it himself!! I play with them alot each day, no changes around the house, it just seems that he has decided that his tail is a fun new toy. I wish I knew what to do to make him stop chewing!!