Had to take the fosters back to the shelter...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
They've grown so much! Delly is gorgeous. I bet people will be taking numbers for him. :cross: that they get a home together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There doesn't seem to be any interest in him. But he's in a low cage where you can't see him well.Do y see the stristripes on him?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do, he's gorgeous. Look at that tail!

I wonder if they will allow you to "sell" him a little. Write up a paragraph about his personality, talk about how you raised him and how wonderful a cat he will be for somebody, then have it pinned to his cage. People seem to think tabbies are "plain", but a good personality certainly makes up for it.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was about to suggest the same as Callista did!

Great/creative bios really do help cats get chosen.

I've seen people use songs, like "I want you to want me, I need you to need me" type things, "I've been waiting for someone new to come into my life"

and others.

Mine seem to do best if I tell about the cat from what the cat would say, like this one for an adult, who hated other cats,  and with a ton of kittens to choose from the adults are always overlooked.

Bootsie got adopted within 5 days-

LOOKING FOR WONDERFUL ME? I'M HERE!!

Of course you are!! How do I know this you ask??
Because I am the most friendly, cheerful, outgoing, affectionate, loving companion you could ever ask for!!
Did I forget to mention soft, huggable, beautiful, talker, purr-monster?
Imagine all this in one package! I know, pretty rare find I am :)
I'm a diva and I know it, so I am happier being the only wonderful kitty in your life, so why bother with another cat??
I will be all this and more, just wait and see.

I am a year old, vaccinated, spayed, dewormed, de-flead, tested neg for felv and microchipped.
Oh did I mention gorgeous??!
All this for $25.00 they say.... such a deal!! Personally that price is an insult, but if it gets me my forever home, so be it!
Hope to see you soon :)
Love Bootsie

And a great face shot up close. Showing their eyes are a way to get a connection type feeling from viewers.

Black cats, mention how they are slimming when held up to you, or how studies show that black cats do best in multi cat homes.

Point out the pluses of why someone would want to choose them.

Good luck!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
They're stunners... helped along by having such a great foster family.

They'll get snapped up..

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There doesn't seem to be any interest in him. But he's in a low cage where you can't see him well.Do y see the stristripes on him?
I do, and think he's stunning. That color is so rare, it surprises me that he wasn't adopted the first day. He's got such an elegant build, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bad news. The boys are back home. Little Tiger developed a spot of ringworm and Delly has a URI. In the meantime, we had agreed to foster two small kittens, and at least one of them also has ringworm. It has spread to two of our own cats, and Dottie and I both have spots. What fun!

What is the most common oral treatment for cats?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, wow, I'm sorry to hear that. You should probably ask about oral treatment in the Health forum, since people might not see the question here.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Bad news. The boys are back home. Little Tiger developed a spot of ringworm and Delly has a URI. In the meantime, we had agreed to foster two small kittens, and at least one of them also has ringworm. It has spread to two of our own cats, and Dottie and I both have spots. What fun!

What is the most common oral treatment for cats?
Oh no!  I remember having really bad ringworm as a child and my mother painted me purple..

But that's really not helpful, is it.

There's going to be a lot of bathing going on.

Good luck and lots of

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry too hard about it. The humans can be treated with OTC athlete's foot cream; the vet can prescribe an antifungal treatment for the felines. Ringworm is relatively harmless.

Until you're finished treating yourselves, be sure to keep your bathroom clean and dry, and launder your sheets frequently. You don't want to re-catch it.