Had to Say Goodbye to Mozart

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After 16 plus incredible years together, I had to say goodbye to my beloved Mozart last Thursday. Mozart has been to three states with me, 6 houses, and 3 jobs. I got him a few weeks after I met my wife, so he has literally been with my wife and I for our entire relationship. When company would come over, my other 2 cats would run for the hills, not to be seen again until the company left. Not Mo. He was Mr. Social, he loved everyone, and everyone loved him.

The pain I feel is immeasurable. It has taken me this long to even be able to post about him here, and it's still a struggle. I know it will get better with time, but right now it sucks bad. His illness was brief, thank goodness. I could have possibly extended his life a few more months, but that would have been more for me than him. He had quit pooping, and he had quit eating. He never isolated himself, in fact quite the opposite. He always slept with me in bed at the foot of the bed. But the last few nights, he was up by my face, curled up against me. I knew then something was terribly wrong. The last two nights of his life I got no sleep, while I simply tried to comfort my friend.

He leaves behind Maggie, his buddy for the last 16 years, and Miller, his chum for the last 12 years. His urn arrives tomorrow, and I get his ashes back some time next week.

So long my friend. I love you, and I know you loved me.
Mo 2.jpg
Mo 1.jpg

GustifursMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This crushes my heart. There are no words for your pain. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace. And may time bring you whatever solace it can.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, what a beautiful boy, and a lovely tribute to a well-loved buddy. It's so hard losing our long-time companions. I'm glad you have Maggie and Miller to help you get through this.

Rest in peace, sweet Mozart. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Mozart, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Such a lovely, long life he had with you...but where there is love, an eternity is not enough. This is the deepest Truth I know...that love does not die, it changes form, is translated and purified, and contues on, now Love. And Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, Mozart sends his Love for you back again, to walk with you down through all your days.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He spent a lifetime bringing you joy and companionship, it takes a long time to heal a broken heart when they leave us. It matters not if it is a cat or a human, our heart knows no difference. The love you shared is spiritual, so eternal, it will be with you for the rest of your life. it is personal and unique, no one in this whole world loved that sweet boy as you do. He loved life. He would never want you to have grief and tears in yours. I know this because that is love, wanting nothing but the best for the one you give your heart to. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, so he wants for you. To go forward into the future and embrace it, to seek its happiness and beauty, and to honor him by keeping him alive in your memories and love.
The past is set in stone, there is nothing that can change it. Right now, live in the present, as cats do, they have no fear of death, they are too busy living. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, love those remaining in your present, and live each and every day as if it was the precious gift it is. Let those two remaining little ones comfort you, just as they need comfort. And know your precious boy is at peace because he carries your love with him and sends the same to you. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
Right now the grief is too strong to deal with. But with the help of his love and those who understand and give you support, you will find the strength to go on. Don't let grief rule your world, keep busy and allow it to run its course. But all this takes time and a lot of it. One day at a time......RIP sweet Mozart. You will be dearly missed, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it turned out amazing. 9 hours in the chair, worth every second.
Real.jpg Tattoo.jpg

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I considered this, but I’m 58 and female. I think it’s a fantastic photo and it’s stunning.
Do not let either one of those stop you!!

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, buddy. Here we are. It's been a full year now since you were called home. I wish I could say it's getting easier without you, but it really isn't. I find I still can't talk about you without the tears welling up in my eyes, my throat tightening, and this enormous sense of loss washing over me. I still miss you so damn much.

I know you and Maggie have found each other, so while I hated losing Maggie as well, it does bring me some comfort knowing the two of you are together, again, for eternity.

I miss you my friend.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie and Mozart are together for eternity and so are their love and thankfulness for you. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, so live your life the way they would want for someone they cherish, seeking happiness and life's treasures. These anniversaries are so very sad, they bring up memories and feelings we would rather not face. But as time goes by, the happy memories come back, more and more every year. But it takes a long time to fill that hole in your heart, but healing does take a long time. There are no shortcuts. My heart goes out to you, take care......

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every birthday and anniversary and reminder hurts, I don't think that ever goes away.
Just the sharpest edges of your pain smooth out a little with time. First year is the hardest.
Much love to you.