Had to put down one of my two cats and am heartbroken about it.

MontySD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have 2 9 year old Persian brothers and I had to put one down today. I love cats much more than people so I’m pretty upset over it. I know this is common and prob lot of threads about it so I’m sorry. He was just so sweet and cute and loving. I just hope his brother will be ok without him. I’m sure he will be better than I am as he’s always been independent. has Anyone had experience losing a sibling cat?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello - I'm so sorry!

Try some cat music - there is Relax My Cat, Music For Cats, and Spotify etc has harp music for cats. Also, a purr toy or a heartbeat toy could help if they slept together frequently. These things will make the transition a little less stressful :vibes::redheartpump::rbheart::redheartpump:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry. I don't know if it will help any or not, but you might consider looking at all the (unfortunate) threads in this site's Crossing the Bridge section (Crossing the Bridge | TheCatSite). They are not all going to fit your particular circumstances, but they will tell you how so many of us share your pain and anguish.

Also, maybe something in this article might help? Do Cats Mourn? – TheCatSite Articles

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Was this one of the cats you have posted about over the last couple of years?

I have had siblings and bonded pairs and there is certainly a period of adjustment or mourning. One of the best things you can do is to be there for each other. I have found that the transfer of affection back to me has been very strong, as if the survivor needed a new bond to help him cope.