Gus didn't make it to his first birthday

GustifursMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today my little Gustifer died. He died a week before his first birthday.

When he was five months old they told us he would die in a couple days or weeks. We helped him live until 11 months.

He was a beautiful, spectacular soul.

We'll miss you little baby Gus. You taught us how to enjoy life.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GustifursMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.

He looks like such a sweet, adorable boy. I'm sure he cherished every moment he was with you.

:hugs:
Thank you for your kind words. We had some amazing times. He was my little shadow, he came when you called him, was a sweet angel, loved being outside on his leash. And boy did he love his play time!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Gus, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Such a very short time...but where we love, and eternity would not be long enough. Remember this...cats do not fear death, and what is NOW is, for them, their forever, and his was a life surrounded by your love. He lived, breathed, and had his being wrapped in that love, it was his forever. Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Know, he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, to walk with you down through all your days, until you meet again. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gave him what he wanted most, a home and someone to love him. I hope that gives you some comfort in these sad times, I know how much of a hole they leave in our lives when they leave us. You gave him the desire to live longer, that is a wonderful present. He gave you so much in his short time here on earth, pleasure, a sense of purpose, and most importantly, his love. On his birthday, try to celebrate that life he did get to share with you, you meant everything to him and the connection of love you will always share with him will allow him to live on through you now and to feel what love you send him. Go forward into life seeking its joys and what it has to offer, live as you would have wanted him to live if you were the first to go. He would want that because that is love.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, "Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".....RIP precious Gustifer. you will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

GustifursMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Gus, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Such a very short time...but where we love, and eternity would not be long enough. Remember this...cats do not fear death, and what is NOW is, for them, their forever, and his was a life surrounded by your love. He lived, breathed, and had his being wrapped in that love, it was his forever. Now, from That Place Where All Things Are Know, he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, to walk with you down through all your days, until you meet again. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.
Thank you so much for your beautiful words. Yesterday a piece of my heart died, and I gladly give a piece of my heart to him, so that he may rest forever with it.

GustifursMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You gave him what he wanted most, a home and someone to love him. I hope that gives you some comfort in these sad times, I know how much of a hole they leave in our lives when they leave us. You gave him the desire to live longer, that is a wonderful present. He gave you so much in his short time here on earth, pleasure, a sense of purpose, and most importantly, his love. On his birthday, try to celebrate that life he did get to share with you, you meant everything to him and the connection of love you will always share with him will allow him to live on through you now and to feel what love you send him. Go forward into life seeking its joys and what it has to offer, live as you would have wanted him to live if you were the first to go. He would want that because that is love.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, "Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".....RIP precious Gustifer. you will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you so much for your kindness. He'll be with me in my heart until the day I die myself.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Short it may seem, I believe he lived a life full of love because of you. It's amazing how you extended his life and I am SURE that it was because the lil guy did not want to leave you! I'm so sorry for your loss though, he will always be with you in your heart.

GustifursMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Short it may seem, I believe he lived a life full of love because of you. It's amazing how you extended his life and I am SURE that it was because the lil guy did not want to leave you! I'm so sorry for your loss though, he will always be with you in your heart.
Thank you so much for your kindness. I didn't want him to leave either. He packed an entire lifetime of pure love into one little life. I'm privileged to have been Gus' mama for even just one year. He was incredible.

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss and I am so sorry Gus couldn't be within your light of love for longer.

But know, his energy and those who loved him, will get a chance to mingle again. But until then, I share your sorrow. I hope it eases your burden, at least a little.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Gorgeous boy! A garden is a great way to remember him. I planted a tree to remember the last cat I lost. There is something so life affirming about trees and flowers, especially the ones that bloom every year.

Birthdays and other anniversaries are so hard. Look for the little lights that he sends to help you through.

:hugs:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry. This is just so sad. May you find comfort from the memories you had with your little boy Gus.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on losing your heart's treasure far too soon. It sounds like your love, care and devotion helped little Gustifer cheat Death - it gave Gus the chance to make it to adulthood, to enjoy the best highlights of a life well-lived. It is your very same love that will help Gus's garden flourish - beautiful plants that will announce "O, Death, where is thy victory? O, Death, where is thy sting?" It reminds me of the Donne poem "Death Be Not Proud".

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't fair. I'm so sorry.
It's really sad to hear of a kitten die at such a young age, it's unfair.
Gus was such a handsome kitty, I'm sure he filled your days and weeks with joy, love and cuteness.
I guess his diarrhea didn't improve and took him away from you, poor little angel.
RIP Gus, you'll be missed!

GustifursMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dear Gus,

I'm still overcome with grief regularly. I'm so sorry Gus. You were the sweetest boy who ever lived. You deserved a long and happy life. It was beautiful to know you. Atr same time, it was - and will forever be - absolutely terrible to have lost you.

You will never be matched by another my lovely boy.

Love,
Your Human Mom

Attachments

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. But think of all you accomplished in a short time with him. You literally doubled how long he was supposed to live when you got him. You doubled his life.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gus lived longer than fate had decided for him, you defeated fate. You should be proud of this.
Feeling guilty in unfair to you, Gus is grateful for what you did for him, he will be grateful forever, and he will never forget you. He couldn't find a better parent on this planet.
Think of this when you feel sad.