Gurgling Noises In Stomach?

puddertatten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a soon-to-be fifteen year old DSH with slowly falling kidneys but no other known health problems.

For the past month or so, I've heard gurgling noises coming from her stomach. It sort of sounds like gas. She used to have odorous flatulence but not for awhile (how's that for cleaning up the language lol!).

Could this be indicative of anything other than being from what I'm feeding her? The vet told me to give her whatever she'll eat at this point since she's down to 7 pounds. Her normal weight is about 10 pounds. The weight loss may be from anorexia due to grief from losing her best kitty friend last November.

Main question then is: could this be more than a food issue?

basschick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it could be, but it's probably digestion.

btw, our 18 year old cat has lost a lot of weight, and we're feeding him anything he'll eat, too. did your vet give any anti nausea medication?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

puddertatten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it could be, but it's probably digestion.

btw, our 18 year old cat has lost a lot of weight, and we're feeding him anything he'll eat, too. did your vet give any anti nausea medication?
I have Cerenia to use as-needed; I give it to her if she vomits more than once (she vomits maybe once or twice every two weeks now).

Thank you!

basschick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
any time HK barely eats, we give him cerenia or pepcid. the cerenia is sometimes more effective. he was barely eating a couple days ago, and with him this is usually a nausea issue. an hour after half a dose of cerenia, he was wolfing down a can of tender beef feast.

when our cat eats less, we have to remember to cut the dose of his laxative down or his tummy gurgles and he might have a minor incident. sometimes he has gurgling from changing foods.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

puddertatten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Will try more cerenia & ask the vet if Pepcid is an option, based on Ashley's health issue.