Gunky noise and eyes possible

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ally normally one of our quietest kitties but always the sickest looking one. She been meowing a lot lately and coming to my room but when I try to get her to come to me or try to love on her she leaves. At first I thought it's because my dad has been gone so much lately.

Tonight she finally seemed to go out of her way for my attention and she let love on her and I noticed that she had a runny nose kinda crusty to. She always had a waze or stuffy nose but since her eyes had some crust not bad just some. I'm going to call the vet and see if they'll write a prescription without seeing her. She a requiring URI who doesn't handle vet visit well actually she screams the building down and I do mean scream all the way there and all the way back. You avoid stressing her out more they usually just have me pick up meds. So I'm hoping I can get them to call something in.

The other thing is Ally gets all that she wants food wise she the queen of the colony or house really and nobody challenges that but she still remains skin and bones. No matter what I do and it scares me and makes me feel like a bad cat mom. She probably 4 or 5 pounds but she not a small cat she tall and lanky. We thought spaying her would help but no she still so skinny.

Aside from that she been her normal self bossing everybody around. Tonight was the first time she didn't come running to the food bowls but it's not uncommon for her to take her time about eating. I am going to give her wet food tomorrow just to make sure she eating good and wet food if the one thing she truly greedy about as long as mom hasn't done something to it.

I guess I'm just super stressed out with this girl love her to death. She sweet when she wants to be and loving. She the mama of the colony and her only son is super reliant on her and I'm terrified if something happens to her Ace won't make it.

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That sounds like a uri or a cold either way talking to the vet at least is a good idea. I'm sure she'll be just fine you're doing a good job caring for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She prone to uri and stress been under stress because my dad has been recovering from hip surgery and infection so he been in and out of the house. So I'm hoping to not stress her out more by going to the vet. She doesn't do well in cars and then she screams the whole trip and visit.

But I'm one of those overly concerned parents thinking the worst. She moving around good put up a fight when I didn't hold her right. I'm a little worried that she submitted to me cleaning her nose and eyes but she also knows I don't play so she might have just wanted to get it over with. She also being very vocal lately not something she normally is as she more the type to tell you what she wants or when she unhappy with something. This really isn't either of those meows not dose it sound like pain maybe she just wanting to know where pawpaw is

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's possible she's calling him like she would another cat. Something that might help is to get a shirt he's warn but not washed yet and leave it where she has access to it. As his scent might calm her while he's gone or otherwise unable to be with her/ take care of her.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If you have a history of seeing the vet for the URI's he might be willing to work with you without seeing the cat. Some vets will, but it might depend on how long ago the last visit and recurrence were.

To me, the very pronounced thinness despite eating is a red flag having nothing to do with the URI. I would try to get her in, no matter how much she does not want to go, and ask about hyperthyroidism and diabetes. I could be entirely wrong, but if she is really eating what you say, something is not right.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you have a history of seeing the vet for the URI's he might be willing to work with you without seeing the cat. Some vets will, but it might depend on how long ago the last visit and recurrence were.

To me, the very pronounced thinness despite eating is a red flag having nothing to do with the URI. I would try to get her in, no matter how much she does not want to go, and ask about hyperthyroidism and diabetes. I could be entirely wrong, but if she is really eating what you say, something is not right.
I'll bring that up with her vet. She on the mend from the URI. But it would be nice to know the reason behind her thinness. Her eldest daughter is very big either but Andi doesn't look skinny like her mom. She not very friendly so we don't get to hold her often and I noticed tonight she was actually lighter then she looks. I try to respect their wants and Andi doesn't like handling and has only recently decided petting was ok sometimes but she adores being talked to.