Guess Who's In Heat ?

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Its sandwich and I feel so bad she's like meowing non stop her tail is to the side and idk how to sooth her she's indoors and her mom wants to wait for her to have kittens when she's older

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She wants her daughter to experience the whole kitten thing I guess idk

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
You mean sticking a q tip in her lady bits nope I can't do that she would kill me

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being in heat is as miserable fro her as it is for those in her company. they become escape artists, too. To want her to have kittens once is just perplexing. Wanting a litter of kittens is for the human, not for her. The emotional damage will come when you separate them from her, it is heartbreaking. She won't miss what she never had. I have never lost a cat to spaying, but I lost three to complications from birthing. It's just not worth it.....

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You mean sticking a q tip in her lady bits nope I can't do that she would kill me
No, please don't do that. You could hurt the cat or cause an infection by inserting a foreign object into her.

Why not get her spayed and then offer to foster a litter of kittens from a shelter? Pregnant cats are often handed in to shelters and you could really help out by taking care of a mom and her kittens until they're old enough to go to forever homes.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
and her mom wants to wait for her to have kittens when she's older
She wants her daughter to experience the whole kitten thing I guess idk
Which "Mom"? The Mama cat?

Not many human owners would want their cats to go through this process, unless being intentionally bred to be sold, to be groomed for some professional cat shows/contests, etc.

Please don't let her out of the house and have her spayed as soon as you can. That yowling will continue for days.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really hard to find GOOD homes for kittens. Is Sandwich's mom ready to be stuck with most of the litter? Dumping them at a shelter would probably result in their deaths. If you can, try to talk her into have Sandwich spayed as soon as possible. It's much better for everyone.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Which "Mom"? The Mama cat?

Not many human owners would want their cats to go through this process, unless being intentionally bred to be sold, to be groomed for some professional cat shows/contests, etc.

Please don't let her out of the house and have her spayed as soon as you can. That yowling will continue for days.
She doesn't go out she is inside at all times

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
It's really hard to find GOOD homes for kittens. Is Sandwich's mom ready to be stuck with most of the litter? Dumping them at a shelter would probably result in their deaths. If you can, try to talk her into have Sandwich spayed as soon as possible. It's much better for everyone.
Sandwich s mom wants her 4 year old daughter to experience her having kittens they all have a homes they all been counted for she hasn't gotten pregnant yet she's waiting until we move into another apartment Im gonna get attached I know it I hope theirs one we can name little sandwich

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why do people use cats to show their kids the "magic of birth"? Thousands of adorable cats and kittens die in shelters every year because there aren't enough homes for them. There's even the option of fostering a cat who is already pregnant, so the kid can see kittens being born without contributing to overpopulation. Rescue groups would probably love having a foster who wanted to take on a pregnant cat.

I'm not blaming you, I know it's not your decision. It just makes me sad, sometimes.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I'm confused. Is Sandwich your cat or someone else's? Who wants her to have kittens? It's completely unnecessary and she will not be "missing out" on anything. I agree with Norachan Norachan . If you/they really want kittens around, please consider fostering a cat who is already pregnant. If it is someone else who wants her to have kittens, please remind them that for every kitten that is born to a cat like Sandwich, one dies in a shelter due to overpopulation.

Please do her a favor and spay her ASAP.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4-year-olds are not going to be interested in reproduction, and likely are not coordinated enough to handle the baby kittens. I think that's a terrible idea. Do try to talk her out of it if you can.

There's also the question of how she wants the cat to get pregnant. Usually people just let their cat out and she comes back pregnant. But if someone lives in an apartment that's not really an option, and it's risky because if she's not used to being out she might get injured or run over, and even if it all goes well she may mate with a FeLV+ or FIV+ male.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
As well as the risk of getting FIV, FeLV, mange, scabies, fleas and any other infectious disease she hasn't been vaccinated for there are a lot of reasons not to let her get pregnant.

How To Save Your Cat From These 16 Life-threatening Pregnancy Risks

What is this four year old child going to think if the cat miscarries, or has still born kittens, or needs a c-section, or her kittens all die from fading kitten syndrome?

If her mother wants her to learn about pregnancy and birth it would be much better to watch some animal documentaries together. There's really no need to bring another litter of kittens into the world. All of the people who said they'll give a kitten a home could adopt one from a shelter and save a life.

"kittens To Good Homes" - How To Find A Good Forever Home For Your Kittens

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Despite everything else, where is she going to find a male to mate her with and will she have that male vaccinated and tested before doing so? Just letting her outside to get knocked up doesn't show the most responsible thing...

If you are going to show a child the miracle of birth, hopefully the mother knows that when that female cat mates, the males penis is barbed and the barbs tear her up inside and she screams in pain. Quite a lovely thought for sweet little kitten right?

Just some things to think about. I know you said she isn't your cat but now you have the knowledge of what is the right thing to do (spay her). Hopefully you can teach the mother of the little girl that letting the cat get pregnant is very irresponsible and possibly dangerous. If they REALLY want to watch kittens be born (why a 4 year old needs to see this is beyond me...) take one in that is already pregnant or foster a pregnant female from the shelter. Don't let it happen to your own cat.

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It galls me that in the age of the internet and instant videos Everywhere that a four year old is expected to enthralled watching a animal in pain and passing bloody fluids no less live and in living color for hours on end if not for days. Don't forget the popcorn.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm confused. Is Sandwich your cat or someone else's? Who wants her to have kittens? It's completely unnecessary and she will not be "missing out" on anything. I agree with

Norachan Norachan . If you/they really want kittens around, please consider fostering a cat who is already pregnant. If it is someone else who wants her to have kittens, please remind them that for every kitten that is born to a cat like Sandwich, one dies in a shelter due to overpopulation.

Please do her a favor and spay her ASAP.
Shes not my cat and I'm trying to get. Her to spay sandwich

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
It galls me that in the age of the internet and instant videos Everywhere that a four year old is expected to enthralled watching a animal in pain and passing bloody fluids no less live and in living color for hours on end if not for days. Don't forget the popcorn.
Please understand I have nothing to do with it shes not my cat I shouldn't of posted this I'm just venting and frustrated