Guess What My Neighbor Said About My Ferals Colony?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Darn it, i got one spayed last week but i didnt get one other female to the vet soon enough and now she just had babies :(

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
We were downing a few cold ones and i told him about the colony i take care of. Guess what he told me i should do...drumroll...The idiot said to blindfold and dump them in the woods. I straight told him that was cruel. This came from a guy who worships his German sheperd. SMFH!
My Uncle takes care of a very large feral colony (30-40 cats). You would not believe how many domestic cats are dumped there yearly! He takes them to a local shelter for adoption.

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I,too, want to bring them to a shelter but afraid they’ll put them down if theyre not adopted. Uncle a good dude:)

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
We were downing a few cold ones and i told him about the colony i take care of. Guess what he told me i should do...drumroll...The idiot said to blindfold and dump them in the woods. I straight told him that was cruel. This came from a guy who worships his German sheperd. SMFH!
Cruel :argh::livid::nono::yelling:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Darn it, i got one spayed last week but i didnt get one other female to the vet soon enough and now she just had babies
Don't worry, it happens. It took me two years to get my first colony of cats all TNR'd, but once it's done, it's done and the population stabilises.

At least you got one female done, so that's going to be a lot less kittens this year.

Keep trying with the other female. You'll get there in the end.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Johnv713

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I only got one street in my sub covered. There are a few more streets that i dont frequent and it would be long process to get the cats on those streets to get accustomed to my present. Took me a good 6 months of daily feeding to get the current colony to let me pet them.