Guess My Kittens Breed!

Xul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my 5 month old fella Xul, I’m not sure I believe what the breeder told me about his mix so I thought I would see what everyone thinks of him! He is quite big, my vet thinks he will be quite large fully grown and he is super vocal/chirps all day haha. He is also super floppy and chilled out after a play and has the longest tail I’ve seen

Attachments

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Xul and welcome to the forum !

I just saw something in your second and third picture that's ringing alarm bells for me....

It's about the cute bowtie collar around his neck...it looks super-cool...BUT: that can be a huge danger for him. He could easily get caught up in something and, even if he didn't get choked, he could just be unable to free himself....that could be terrifying for him. We have read about indoor cats becoming strangled, and it's horrific.

There are 'breakaway collars' available.....if you really think he needs one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Xul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Xul and welcome to the forum !

I just saw something in your second and third picture that's ringing alarm bells for me....

It's about the cute bowtie collar around his neck...it looks super-cool...BUT: that can be a huge danger for him. He could easily get caught up in something and, even if he didn't get choked, he could just be unable to free himself....that could be terrifying for him. We have read about indoor cats becoming strangled, and it's horrific.

There are 'breakaway collars' available.....if you really think he needs one.
dont worry! It is a break away collar :) and he barely wares it as he hasn’t worked out how to get it off haha

Xul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He seems to have a muzzle akin to a Maine Coon. Does that fit with your breeder?
Breeder said it was an accidental breed with his Maine’s coon male and ragdoll female. He does have the muzzle and as a small kitten had the tips (I’m guessing he has a ‘summer coat’ at the moment so may reappear in winter as they weren’t very pronounced)

Xul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
dont worry! It is a break away collar :) and he barely wares it as he has worked out how to get it off haha

Has sorry not hasn’t haha

Xul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did I say Xul was beautiful? No? I must make amends, he's beautiful.
Awh thank you! I think he is beautiful too I might be biased haha

Oliver is a stunner :0 when did his coat fully grow in? Xul looks a bit awkward at the moment with fluffy pants and a mane that makes his head look small and it doesn’t help that he has lovely big ears haha

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your boy definitely looks Maine Coon to me, that blocky muzzle, long tail and big build gives him away. Beautiful....stunning!

• Purraise
Reactions: Xul

Xul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your boy definitely looks Maine Coon to me, that blocky muzzle, long tail and big build gives him away. Beautiful....stunning!
thank you! I don’t really see his mum in him. Possibly his temperament? You can pick him up any way and he doesn’t mind, loves being on his back while being held too, very trusting of me and thinks I’ve got him no matter what way he lies haha

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my 5 month old fella Xul, I’m not sure I believe what the breeder told me about his mix so I thought I would see what everyone thinks of him! He is quite big, my vet thinks he will be quite large fully grown and he is super vocal/chirps all day haha. He is also super floppy and chilled out after a play and has the longest tail I’ve seen
havent looked at any other posts but he looks like a Ragamuffin? very cute

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Breeder said it was an accidental breed with his Maine’s coon male and ragdoll female. He does have the muzzle and as a small kitten had the tips (I’m guessing he has a ‘summer coat’ at the moment so may reappear in winter as they weren’t very pronounced)
im half correct yay

• Purraise
Reactions: Xul

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can pick him up any way and he doesn’t mind, loves being on his back while being held too, very trusting of me and thinks I’ve got him no matter what way he lies haha
That would fit with the Ragdoll part. Also, MCO's are laid back anyway so double breed influence niceness.