Growth Near Ear

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
A vet visit is in order (his appointment is booked for the 26th of this month) but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think this could be? It started out as a small growth and I watched it and it went away but it has since come back and he's scratched it so much that it's bleeding. It's kind of hard but doesn't seem to cause him any pain.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm just wondering if anyone else has dealt with growths like this on their cats. This is my first time encountering something like this.
20211018_150544.jpg

20211018_150637.jpg

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Boy, that looks painful. It must itch quite a bit for him to have scratched at it that much. I haven't had any experience with something like that, nor to I recall reading any posts quite like it, but perhaps you could help him until his Vet visit with this tip from Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 :

"You can see if chamomile tea will help, it's excellent for all kinds of skin "ouchies." Buy the plain, unblended chamomile tea bags at the grocery store. That way you know you're getting German chamomile that is medicinally active and safe for cats. The English variety, that grows in many gardens is neither. Chill the tea in the fridge, and swab on with a soft cloth or cotton ball as needed. Chamomile is mildly antibiotic and antibacterial, and is wonderfully soothing! I've used it on cats, dogs, horses, a sheep, and many humans with good effect. It is not expensive, so certainly worth trying. "

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
They took a sample and I'll get the results back in 5 - 7 days. The doctor said he wasn't too concerned and that I shouldn't waste my money on the test but I did it any way just to be sure. I also got some antibiotic ointment from them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet said it's a cutaneous mast cell tumor. I don't know much about them but I'm doing some research now. The vet recommended that I book him for surgery to get it removed and then do a biopsy. But he said he thinks it's benign.