Grown cat still looks and sounds like kitten

LadyKhaos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont really have any pics of luna because she's my moms cat- well she was supposed to be mine but she got more attached to my mom lol. She is very small, like around 6 month old size and she's around 2 years. She also has a very soft/kitten like meow. She's black and long hair, her fur gets matted easily compared to my long haired cat who doesn't get matted at all even without brushing her for a while. She also sheds A LOT, we've had a bunch of cats plus some purebred cats and we've never seen one shed this much.

As I've said in the beginning, I don't really have pics of her, these are about the only ones.
20210322_144606.jpg

BTW the bowls in the pic are treat bowls for my moms dog, didn't want anyone thinking she's not being fed when she's definitely spoiled in that part❤
20201030_000927.jpg

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beautiful cat! I have a fifteen pound cat that has the tiniest little noise I have ever heard from a cat. If you are not standing next to him you will probably not hear it. I think that is just the way some cats are.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful ❤ She looks like an adult cat to me…some cats are just smaller, I love small cats. Lots of cats can have very soft chiruppy type meows and certain breeds have that trait as well, but each cat is different. My Sybil was an nfc mix, she had that type of meow as well.
The only time I ever heard a really loud meow from her, it was actually a blood curdling screech that you would not believe, was when she saw my Wizard through a crack in the studio door for the first time. Eventually they became best of friends. 💕

Sybil also shed a lot in spring and had mats- she hated being brushed so I ended up giving her a lion cut each spring, but I hated cutting her gorgeous coat at all, by winter she was back to full fluff. If your girl likes brushing try the furmintair or another brush/ comb each day and a metal squeegie which can be used on dry and wet fur.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the reason some cats keep making kitten-like noises is that it gets them more attention, so they keep doing it. Your Luna probably has a mature voice. Something will most likely eventually prompt her to use her adult voice (usually something like accidentally stepping on the tail).