Growling Cat

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Peaches does not like anyone else being on "her bed". She will growl for a long time if my other cat gets on. If I move at all she growls. I want to go to sleep but if I push her off she will bite me. Peaches shows up in my bedroom first Maggie 10 min later. so I could lock Maggie out though she's not the one being so territorial. If I lock them both out I have to get out of bed and quickly shut the door behind Peaches so she doesnt bite me. Maggie tries to play with her then Peaches gives a very loud screech and wakes me up.

How can I sleep?

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How large is your living area? Do you have four cats total? If I understood you correctly, if they are both outside your bedroom they make noise and you cannot sleep but if Peaches comes in she is territorial?

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whenever i want to get cats out of my room without picking them up, i throw a pingpong ball. They go after the ball and i shut the door.

Maybe ger her her own bed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
How large is your living area? Do you have four cats total? If I understood you correctly, if they are both outside your bedroom they make noise and you cannot sleep but if Peaches comes in she is territorial?
Yes, that is correct. 3 of my 4 cats sleep with me. My bedroom is big. I got Maggie a bed on my bed which she uses but there is still growling. I did not like the one time Peaches swatted at CoCo to let her anger out. I'm afraid if I lock Peaches out she will be more angry with me and my other cats. Peaches is always on my bed first. I think I will have to live with it.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in an apt on the first floor so no yelling at night. I will try it during the day and check out what you sent. Somtimes she gets so frustrated she goes in the living room. I never punish her or play with her using my hands. Usually she is a very sweet cat.
20170731_114937.jpg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Feliway but forgot about the spirit of essence I used to use that on them. It seemed to work.