Growing LUMP in Cat’s Jaw

Amcgrane691

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have an outdoor/indoor cat that came inside for the night a couple days ago. I had noticed about a pea size lump on his lower right jaw, and it was very hard. I didn’t think anything of it until he came inside tonight and it has grown in 3 times the size! Taking him to the animal emergency room first thing in the morning when he comes in for breakfast, but can anyone inform us of what the possibilities could be? Spider bite, fight with a bee, abscess, tooth infection!? What can we prepare in hospital bill costs!

Any useful information would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
E198656E-B961-4AB3-AF1F-32832DEE9586.jpeg

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Abscess, probably from fighting. Definitely needs to see the vet.

T.O.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You might want to put him in the bathroom. That’s going to break open anytime and it’s going to be gross. It’s probably painful too. A warm compress might feel good. If it opens up you’ll still want the vet to clean it out.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Since you posted your cat's health issue last night and are taking him to the ER this morning I assume he has already been examined. I'm glad he will be seen by a vet due to the fact that you noticed the lump has grown three times in size. Please update when you have a chance to let us know what treatment and/or diagnosis was given. Best of luck! :crossfingers: