Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yummy! I'll have to try a baguette, I never had one. Cabbage is always good, and you know I love my cereal, but it's gotta be granola. Awww, Bebe is gonna be as cute as that quokka wallaby I bet. šŸ˜

5 pounds is pretty big! I only weighed 6 pounds when I was born. Now I'm tall as a skyscraper.

Sorry you're feeling tired, but you're almost there! :hugs:
Lol, I was 9lbs 1 oz. A big baby! I'm hoping since Bebe was measuring average at my last ultrasound, they'll be between 7 and 8 instead. That seems more manageable.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man a quokka would have made a great picture. šŸ˜‚

I think at this point all your energy goes into finishing growing a person. Have you gotten this set up yet? At least newborn stuff? It really are getting close!
Noooo. I've been slowly washing the clothes I got from my friend, and blankets and sheets, but still have a bit to go, lke washing all the diapers. My husband and I have plans to finish buying out the registries for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I have the big ticket items on all three so we can see if there's a sale on any site. I'll feel much better once we have more purchased.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was an early Black Friday deal on the pack 'n play at Buy Buy Baby with a 20% coupon for store pickup this weekend, so I grabbed it! We also had another 20% coupon on one item that had to be used for tomorrow so I used it on the rocker/glider which was most expensive and probably not going on sale.

I'm pretty happy. Hopefully there'll be more on sale next week and I can use my completion discounts.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooo that a great help! Did you decide on a bassinet or co-sleeper? I remember talking about them but not what you decided on.
I like the Arm's Reach cosleeper to go next to the bed - I've heard pretty good things and it's much cheaper than say, the Halo bassinet or the Snoo. I think we'll keep the pack 'n play downstairs in the front room for daytime naps. It has a little changing table attachment, so I can keep some diapers and wipes down here, too, and not always have to run up and down stairs.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I kept the pack & play in the dining room for that too. Noodles and Mooch thought it was for them. :lol: My house isnā€™t big anyway and itā€™s just one floor. Its good for them to get used to sleeping in different places in case you travel. I eventually got a quilted sheet and a 1ā€ piece of foam from the fabric store to make it more comfortable. We did a lot of trips with ours. I pinned sheets to the outside too because my kids were nosy and wouldnā€™t sleep. šŸ˜

:lol:
2D32B293-1B48-45E0-AF79-FD91644E1904.jpeg
D59CF6C0-92E4-48E8-9CE0-565D290C13D6.jpeg

AD84794D-CA61-4681-A86D-C9C1C2D9173A.jpeg

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks like the hardest step! Moving just a 10 gallon tank was hard and nerve wracking!

Are you going to paint? The walls look like a nice color already.
No, we liked the paint colors the previous owners left so haven't painted anything in the house! That room was actually their baby boy's nursery, but I think the color will be fine if Bebe ends up being a girl as well.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
35 weeks

Bebe is the size of two clafoutis, a bunch of carrots, a kid's backpack, a mini lop rabbit, and two cans of Pringles stacked, and should weight between 5.25 and 5.5lbs.

So I had a sudden bout of paranoia this week that Bebe wasn't head down anymore and was breech or traverse, so I asked my midwife on Tuesday at my appointment, and she felt around and was like "I think baby is head down, but I'm not sure," so now we're doing another ultrasound in a couple of weeks to check for certain. I'm hoping she's right and we don't have to deal with a breech baby that late, so I'm crossing my fingers. I'd rather her to have been sure, but this way we definitely will be.

My husband is putting together the crib right now.

1126201250.jpg
1126201249a.jpg
1126201249b.jpg
Capture+_2020-11-26-17-04-56~2.png

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The crib is beautiful and the color goes great in the room. The walls are a calming color whether BeBe is a boy or a girl. You brought back funny memories for me when you said your belly is getting in the way. I remember that! Then I discovered it makes a great snack tray! :lol: Reading a book? Prop it there! Need a spot to put something while you drink a glass of water, instant belly help! Very handy. Although we kind of get tired of bending and reaching around our belly, I missed having that later. Amazing how we adapt without even realizing it. Soooo, how much help did hubby get assembling the crib? I saw a helper in the room. Reading the instructions to him as he assembled?;) :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You brought back funny memories for me when you said your belly is getting in the way. I remember that!
Yep. DD was forever bouncing off my belly when I was pregnant with DS. Either because she ran into it or I didnā€™t see her. You know how toddlers and preschoolers are always one step from being up your butt. :crazy: :lol: Bumper Belly.