Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaaaaack! That’s one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen! That cap! :hearthrob:
So the cap was with my friend's baby stuff that she was gifting to me that her child had outgrown and is supposed to be for babies, but was sooo stretched out of shape I don't know how it ever fit an infant (It's a little big on me!). The hat ended up being my inspiration.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
So the cap was with my friend's baby stuff that she was gifting to me that her child had outgrown and is supposed to be for babies, but was sooo stretched out of shape I don't know how it ever fit an infant (It's a little big on me!). The hat ended up being my inspiration.
You could flip it around and put Bebe in it! :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got to have a little baby shower today. There were about 10 people (and a couple friends joined by zoom for a bit), and it was outdoors so were were all layered and bundled up with a heat lamp and a couple of little fire pits, but there were cute cookies and warm drinks and we got some useful presents for Bebe, and it made me feel loved. It's not how I would have pictured a baby shower, but since I had assumed I wouldn't have one at all due to covid, it felt really special. Hopefully we all stayed healthy and didn't spread anything (though pretty much being outside and masked a lot likely helped).

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
32 weeks

Bebe is the size of a pain d'epi, a Florida pomelo, a plastic scooter board (like I used in gym class as a kid), a naked tail armadillo, and two boxes of Cheez-Its stacked together, and is about 3.75lbs, I think.

We've reached another milestone today. If Bebe was born starting now, they'd officially be considered 'moderately preterm' rather than 'very premature'.

I'm personally not doing so great, as I have to assume I have Covid after exposure unless I hear otherwise in a few days. Feeling really guilty about having that baby shower. Wishing I'd stopped working a week earlier. Feeling pretty down overall.

1105200954.jpg
1105200956a.jpg
1105200956b.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to assume I have Covid after exposure unless I hear otherwise in a few days.
Do you have Corona for sure? Or somebody at the baby shower had it? Did you get tested?
Yummy on the Cheez It crackers. I ordered 2 crackers from Walmart today, but they were out of both. They were out of my bagels and English Muffins too. And they were out of flour. I wonder what is going on.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have Corona for sure? Or somebody at the baby shower had it? Did you get tested?
Yummy on the Cheez It crackers. I ordered 2 crackers from Walmart today, but they were out of both. They were out of my bagels and English Muffins too. And they were out of flour. I wonder what is going on.
My friend who I was babysitting for got a rapid test yesterday and was positive, and said she started feeling ill Monday night, which means she was probably exposed sometime the week of October 26th-30th (likely at work because several cases came out there), though it could have been a bit earlier and she could have been really late to get symptoms. I was helping her son with kindergarten, so I was there half days all last week, and hadn't been wearing a mask at her house because we had decided it wasn't necessary when I'd started working for her.

My husband and I went through drive though testing yesterday. It had been five days since I last saw her, so I assume the results would be accurate at that point, but I was told 4-7 days before they'd call and tell me. I don't know if they'll try to expedite my results or not because the form did ask about pregnancy and of course I circled yes. I've been slightly congested since Saturday, not much of an appetite and have the slightest of headaches on and off, so I'm not having strong symptoms, but I still have to assume I'm positive and we're staying at home for now, and I'm trying to wear a mask when the cats sit on my lap, although I should probably be doing it all the time.

I'm praying it's negative, but I feel like it's probably positive and I'm going to have to cancel my appointment on Tuesday, and Sparkle's vet appointment in a week, and possibly my maternity photos, too (those would be 10 days after testing so might be past contagion point even with a positive test, but it would depend on how our photographer felt). I'm just feeling super bummed and bitter, and like I don't deserve nice things. If anyone who came to the baby shower gets it, I'll feel sooo guilty.

---

I think people panic bought some stuff due to worries about unrest after the election. That would be my guess why they were out of your stuff.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just feeling super bummed and bitter, and like I don't deserve nice things.
Aww man. Sorry to hear this. It's not your fault. It's just one of those things. I kind of feel like we might all get it eventually, it's just a matter of time. I'll keep you, husband, and Bebe in my prayers.

Yes, it was weird- no bread, flour, crackers. It makes me nervous, but I'll try again in our Aldi order next week. They gave us all the dessert I ordered though! I'm on a major sugar high right now. Chocolate, candy, pie, cake, cookies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww man. Sorry to hear this. It's not your fault. It's just one of those things. I kind of feel like we might all get it eventually, it's just a matter of time. I'll keep you, husband, and Bebe in my prayers.

Yes, it was weird- no bread, flour, crackers. It makes me nervous, but I'll try again in our Aldi order next week. They gave us all the dessert I ordered though! I'm on a major sugar high right now. Chocolate, candy, pie, cake, cookies.
I was trying to be nice, by offering to keep helping their son when the in person learning start date got pushed back by two weeks, and I feel like I'm being punished for it. The timing really sucks, too. I just keep saying I should have stopped working when I planned, I should have worn masks in her home, I should have washed my hands better. I know these are not helpful thought patterns, but I'm having a really hard time distracting myself, and these minor cold symptoms are not helping at all.

Look at you embracing the dark side of desserts and sugar.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should have washed my hands better. I know these are not helpful thought patterns
We do our best, but it's impossible to be sterile all the time, since everybody is touching everything. Hang in there and we'll hope for the best.

Look at you embracing the dark side of desserts and sugar.
Butterfinger was my favorite, the rest were a bit too sweet for me. And I loved that caramel apple with the crumbles on it that I had the other day. Next I want to sample different donuts and ice cream! And maybe a danish.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: Even people who are doing everything “right” have picked it up. I’ve heard several people saying they had it while pregnant and it did not affect their babies or their pregnancies. From what I’ve read; animal to person and vice versa is considered very low risk too. Masks benefit others; not protect us right? :hugs: Pregnancy hormones make you feel everything 10x stronger sometimes too. So I know its hard not to play the “shoulda, coulda, wouldas”. I’ve also had a few friends catch regular ol colds too.

How are you doing on getting ready for Bebe? Do you have the big stuff yet?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't help but bitterly think that this sort of thing would never happen to my perfect sister.

How are you doing on getting ready for Bebe? Do you have the big stuff yet?
No. Well, we have a crib because my parents bought it for us, but it's not put together, but the bassinet and car seat/stroller and rocking chair and other big stuff we're waiting to see if there are Black Friday sales we can use with the completion discount.

We have some of the little stuff, but hopefully I don't go into preterm labor and we'll have time.