Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Lari Lari ! My heart is so overjoyed for you and your family! From the wedding thread to this, it makes me want to start a family so badly. ❤
Aww! I hope it will be able to happen for you sooner than it all did for me, but you have so much time and I have faith you'll find your special someone. In my college years I never would have thought it would take so long, but I'm glad I didn't settle.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't even express how touching the gifts are from your twin aunts. :touched:They bring back memories of a gift I received for each daughter from a person who was very dear to me and I can tell you from personal experience that you will keep and treasure them because they have a special significance.:heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bebe sure is some tasty breads lately. 🍞 And love pineapple & cottontail rabbits too. 🍍🐇
That cat blanket is precious, looks like it will keep Bebe warm & cozy. :cloud9:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww! The blankets are beautiful and everything is moving along beautifully!

You do know that you really made me laugh with this. I did expect it. Precious photo. Scent swapping started to get Bebe used to kitty. Cats are so smart!
I feel like when the baby comes Sparkle is going to be all "Why are you letting this thing use all this stuff you clearly got for me?"

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been a quiet lurker in this thread, but have kept up with it almost since the beginning. Congrats to you and your husband on your little one!

My husband and I were hoping to start trying this fall, but the pandemic brought that to a screeching halt- plus, I wanted to be at my job for more than a year before getting pregnant. This thread has given me so much hope and so much to look forward to in the next 6 months or so.- we have names picked and everything!

Thank you for the updates and being so open about your hardships and your wins.

Congrats again!!! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been a quiet lurker in this thread, but have kept up with it almost since the beginning. Congrats to you and your husband on your little one!

My husband and I were hoping to start trying this fall, but the pandemic brought that to a screeching halt- plus, I wanted to be at my job for more than a year before getting pregnant. This thread has given me so much hope and so much to look forward to in the next 6 months or so.- we have names picked and everything!

Thank you for the updates and being so open about your hardships and your wins.

Congrats again!!! :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:
Thank you so much! A pandemic pregnancy is clearly not the ideal, but given our ages, especially if we want more than one, we didn't feel we could wait, obviously. I hope it happens quickly for you once you start trying. If you haven't read Taking Charge of Your Fertility yet, I recommend it! It's huge, but really helped me figure out what I was doing when we were ttc.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a package from my twin aunts! They made the most purr-fect blankets, hats and booties for Bebe! (There was a touch and feel kitten book and some burp cloths, too)
I love them so much!!!
Those blankets are so cute! Makes me want to learn how to knit. What a special gift. :heartshape:

I just caught up with the thread. Im sorry about the scares you have had, but i am so happy everything is going well with the baby. :vibes::heartshape: I'm praying things keep going well.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those blankets are so cute! Makes me want to learn how to knit. What a special gift. :heartshape:

I just caught up with the thread. Im sorry about the scares you have had, but i am so happy everything is going well with the baby. :vibes::heartshape: I'm praying things keep going well.
Thank you!

They tried to teach mw how to knit and crochet when I was a kid, but since we only saw them a couple days once a year (out of state), and I never kept up with it at home, I never really got past the very basics. Now there's probably youtube tutorials that could help if I ever tried to pick it up again (just the pictures in the books were never quite enough for me).

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The basic crochet stitch is pretty easy and you can make a lot with that one stitch if you are ever interested. All you need to get started on a little blanket is one crochet hook and some yarn. As I learned the first stitch and practiced, the rest began to make sense. Lol Grandmother taught me to knit at a very early age but crochet seems to go faster for me and I like seeing results quicker. They make a giant crochet hook now but it makes a very open weave so I like using a smaller hook.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

They tried to teach mw how to knit and crochet when I was a kid, but since we only saw them a couple days once a year (out of state), and I never kept up with it at home, I never really got past the very basics. Now there's probably youtube tutorials that could help if I ever tried to pick it up again (just the pictures in the books were never quite enough for me).
I regret not learning how to sew when my mom tried to teach me. You can give such special gifts when you have a skill like knitting/sewing.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cloth diaper stash makes me proud. I got them all through local moms on facebook.

1020202004.jpg

I bought the hypnobabies online self study course. Hope it's worth it, but I'm willing to give it a go since there's not a lot of safe in person classes now.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't! The website is one of the ones I read weekly updates on, though. I'll look for them.
Those and Harvey Karps books were my favorite. Especially Harvey Karps method for calming a crying baby! It worked wonders! They actually showed part of his video at the class I took at the hospital. The 5 S’s I think it was called. I never went nuts trying to raise my kids by a book; but I am a reader and found a lot of helpful things that way. And felt better knowing things that they were doing or not doing were normal. Now it’s basically puberty time here. :rolleyes3::runaround::bawling:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 weeks

(Omg final countdown!)

Bebe is the size of a brie en brioche (someone make me one, please! Yum!), a cantaloupe, a motorcycle helmet, a platypus without its tail, this 12 pack of my husband's Mountain Dew Zero and is about 3lbs, maybe a bit more.

1022201800.jpg
1022201802_HDR.jpg
1022201802a.jpg

How are there only ten weeks until my due date?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bebe is the size of a brie en brioche (someone make me one, please! Yum!), a cantaloupe, a motorcycle helmet, a platypus without its tail, this 12 pack of my husband's Mountain Dew Zero
Oh man, that Brioche thingy looks so good! What a coincidence, I'm getting Brioche bagels and a Cantaloupe in our Aldi order next week! I will think of the Bebe while eating them. ;)

That Mountain Dew sounds good with the Zero sugar. Does it have any fake sugars in it?

Ha! Platypus is so cute. Just googled it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That Mountain Dew sounds good with the Zero sugar. Does it have any fake sugars in it?

Ha! Platypus is so cute. Just googled it.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has artificial sweeteners in it. However, that does not stop my husband from guzzling that and Diet Mountain Dew. Oh well, he doesn't drink coffee so I guess it's his caffeine fix.

I'm disappointed that was one animal I didn't see in Australia!