Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Paperwork is filled out so I can go for my shot tomorrow morning. Apparently they need to do a blood draw first to make sure I don't already have the antibodies, and then an hour later I can actually get the shot. I'll feel better when that's over with. Bebe has been moving around today, which has been nice to feel after last night's scare. Hopefully this was just a small blip and it'll be smooth sailing from now on.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lari, I am so sorry.. ((HUGS))... it sometimes happens. Glad you are getting the Rhogam shot. You really need to check into it.. It is important.

I will not go into detail about the reasons why you need it, or the reason for the antibody check, initially.. I am sure you got it all..

A small amount of spotting is really common in pregancy. It can be from a ton of things... I am glad you got it checked out. A ton of 'innocent' things... At this point, you need to handle your apprehension, by looking into it..

We used to do so many scans for "spotting'...

Did they happen to do an internal ultrasound to check to see if the placenta has entirely cleared the cervix? Unless they can see the edge of the placenta, well away from the cervix, on a
trans-abdominal ultrasound, an internal one is the way to go... not to worry you...
I have faith in your doctors.

Bebe just wants attention!!!! that's all....

((Hugs)) and love....

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lari, I am so sorry.. ((HUGS))... it sometimes happens. Glad you are getting the Rhogam shot. You really need to check into it.. It is important.

I will not go into detail about the reasons why you need it, or the reason for the antibody check, initially.. I am sure you got it all..

A small amount of spotting is really common in pregancy. It can be from a ton of things... I am glad you got it checked out. A ton of 'innocent' things... At this point, you need to handle your apprehension, by looking into it..

We used to do so many scans for "spotting'...

Did they happen to do an internal ultrasound to check to see if the placenta has entirely cleared the cervix? Unless they can see the edge of the placenta, well away from the cervix, on a
trans-abdominal ultrasound, an internal one is the way to go... not to worry you...
I have faith in your doctors.

Bebe just wants attention!!!! that's all....

((Hugs)) and love....
Rhogam shot is done. It wasn't as bad as I was afraid of, and it's good to know if Bebe is rh+ like my husband, they should be okay.

It was just such a shock to wipe and see blood, especially when I hadn't been doing anything remotely strenuous.

They did do a transvaginal ultrasound, after a cervical check where they said it was closed but saw a small clot of oldish blood. It was around midnight when I finally got it done, and I was asking if my placenta had moved up and all he could say that I could understand was that it wasn't on the cervix - which, as far as I had been aware it hadn't been on the cervix at my anatomy scan either It had been 1.8mm off, and they'd called it low lying and not previa. So I'm not sure if it's moved at all the right way, but I don't think it's moved the wrong way. They seemed more like they were checking cervical length (which was good) rather than placenta location. I'm hoping what happened was that the placenta was moving up and dislodged a little bit of blood that way, or Bebe kicked it a little bit the wrong way. But I think it may forever be a mystery what actually happened.

I have my glucose test Thursday, so when I have time to talk to my actual regular midwife, I'll ask if there's any more information than I was able to see on the patient portal.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Rhogam shot is done. It wasn't as bad as I was afraid of, and it's good to know if Bebe is rh+ like my husband, they should be okay.

It was just such a shock to wipe and see blood, especially when I hadn't been doing anything remotely strenuous.

They did do a transvaginal ultrasound, after a cervical check where they said it was closed but saw a small clot of oldish blood. It was around midnight when I finally got it done, and I was asking if my placenta had moved up and all he could say that I could understand was that it wasn't on the cervix - which, as far as I had been aware it hadn't been on the cervix at my anatomy scan either It had been 1.8mm off, and they'd called it low lying and not previa. So I'm not sure if it's moved at all the right way, but I don't think it's moved the wrong way. They seemed more like they were checking cervical length (which was good) rather than placenta location. I'm hoping what happened was that the placenta was moving up and dislodged a little bit of blood that way, or Bebe kicked it a little bit the wrong way. But I think it may forever be a mystery what actually happened.

I have my glucose test Thursday, so when I have time to talk to my actual regular midwife, I'll ask if there's any more information than I was able to see on the patient portal.
The cervix is normally measured on an internal ultrasound. They want to measure length of it.. Too short and you may begin an early labor. That is just part of the curriculum of an internal ultrasound. Nothing to be concerned with, unless your midwife tells you otherwise.

Good that they were focusing more on the cervical length than the placenta.. It seems, to me, that the placenta is fine... otherwise they would be talking a lot of pictures of it and measurements. (just a tech clue)

I would try to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. I mean it.. It sounds as if it is going wonderfully!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it's not completely over. :sigh: There was some more bleeding last night. This time I just called the after hours line instead of rushing in since I've had my shot now, and the midwife on call said it was likely due to the low lying placenta plus all the internal checks they did Thursday night irritating things, and that I should just keep an eye on it unless it got worse/heavy. Which it hasn't so far. It's gone down again overnight, but this is way too stressful. I hadn't been worried about my placenta moving, but you'd think in three weeks it would have made some progress? So now I'm thinking it probably won't. Ugh.

I don't know how I can keep doing this. I'm scared to go to the bathroom now.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sweetie, I know how stressed out you are. (((HUGS)))

Can you call today, and get the "official" ultrasound report. This is for your own anxiety. You really should know the distance from the tip of the placenta to the internal os of the cervix. If the tip of the placenta was not seen on the ultrasound, then it is well away from the cervix.

Yes, the midwife is probably right, but, you need to know the official report, to put your mind at ease.
Can you put in a call to speak with your own midwife? I think that would reassure you even more..

There could have also been a little bit of a tiny placental bleed which is just showing up now. It could just be from irritation.. thinks do happen. You had the manual exam, plus the internal ultrasound..
Sometimes straining can cause a bit of spotting, also.. If it keeps up, yes, go in.. to be seen.

Try to rest.. put your feet up, and try to be good to yourself. :hugs::vibes::redheartpump:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sweetie, I know how stressed out you are. (((HUGS)))

Can you call today, and get the "official" ultrasound report. This is for your own anxiety. You really should know the distance from the tip of the placenta to the internal os of the cervix. If the tip of the placenta was not seen on the ultrasound, then it is well away from the cervix.

Yes, the midwife is probably right, but, you need to know the official report, to put your mind at ease.
Can you put in a call to speak with your own midwife? I think that would reassure you even more..

There could have also been a little bit of a tiny placental bleed which is just showing up now. It could just be from irritation.. thinks do happen. You had the manual exam, plus the internal ultrasound..
Sometimes straining can cause a bit of spotting, also.. If it keeps up, yes, go in.. to be seen.

Try to rest.. put your feet up, and try to be good to yourself. :hugs::vibes::redheartpump:
I'm supposed to go in for my glucose test on Thursday and see my normal midwife, so I'll ask for it then probably. Hopefully they have it. They didn't put it on the hospital patient portal, unfortunately, and the regular office doesn't appear to have an online portal (which makes paying bills annoying). If I didn't have an appointment this week, I'd call during hours. Idk why this always has to happen after hours. I guess it's like how cat emergencies almost never happen during normal office hours either.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I hope I am not excessively worrying you with my comments.. This is the last thing in the world I would want to do.....

I just thought, that my experience could help, a bit.. let me know if I am going overboard.. I am a bit girl so I can handle it.. just tell me...

I really wish I could be there with you... at least, to put, MY mind at ease... I think about you a ton...

(((hugs))))

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I hope I am not excessively worrying you with my comments.. This is the last thing in the world I would want to do.....

I just thought, that my experience could help, a bit.. let me know if I am going overboard.. I am a bit girl so I can handle it.. just tell me...

I really wish I could be there with you... at least, to put, MY mind at ease... I think about you a ton...

(((hugs))))
You're not excessively worrying me. It's been nice hearing from someone with experience.

Fingers crossed it looks like I haven't had any spotting again so far today (there's been some light brown spotting when I've wiped since Sunday night), so hopefully that's a good sign and it won't start up again tonight. And I have my list of questions for my normal midwife tomorrow. So I'm just hoping I can learn more in person.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
You're not excessively worrying me. It's been nice hearing from someone with experience.

Fingers crossed it looks like I haven't had any spotting again so far today (there's been some light brown spotting when I've wiped since Sunday night), so hopefully that's a good sign and it won't start up again tonight. And I have my list of questions for my normal midwife tomorrow. So I'm just hoping I can learn more in person.
Brown spotting is from "old" blood.. so that is a good thing. It is the bright red stuff you want to avoid.

This is very common.. spotting is not bad. It is the gush or large spot of blood which is worrisome.

((hug))

Again, let me know if I speak out of turn or get you more anxious...