Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had gestational diabetes with my second because I was 5 yrs. older by then and to put your mind at ease everything was fine. :hugs:
I followed the doctor's instructions, watched what I ate, carried to full term and baby #2 was perfectly healthy. This type of diabetes usually goes away when the baby is born which is what happened in my case. Thinking of you and wishing you a normal delivery and childbirth. 🤗
Oh, I know you can have a healthy baby with it - I just don't want to have to give up my carbs and sweets even for a few months. I do have a top layer of wedding cake calling my name in November, after all!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I just don't want to have to give up my carbs and sweets even for a few months. I do have a top layer of wedding cake calling my name in November, after all!
Ya, I had to watch carbs and could not have any sweets, not even on my birthday and I didn't cheat. But I would have done anything to have a healthy baby and I know you would do the same. Hopefully you won't test positive for gestational diabetes and won't have to worry about it. :crossfingers:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used a lotion called “Mother’s Friend.” I think it was cocoa butter lotion. I had minor stretch marks at first but they faded quickly and frankly, I didn’t care at all once I had my baby in my arms.
Baby moving does feel interesting! Lol At first I wasn’t sure but later, she made sure that I knew she was the one doing the wiggling! I loved knowing she was shifting around to get comfy. Sometimes I think she was knocking to get my attention. Another bit of watermelon please! :lol: Fortunately , it was watermelon season!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bebe is the size of this coffee cake, a flaugnarde, an ear of corn, a water bottle, an American guinea pig, and about 12.7 oz
Oh man, this thread always makes me hungry! I want that coffee cake with the crumbles on top! I don't usually like dessert, but I love stuff with crumbles.

I think my friend is making me grilled corn at my bday vegetarian BBQ on Tuesday. I will think of you & Bebe!

12oz is also beer or soda. :thumbsup: I think my coffee cup is 11 or 12oz too. So now I'm gonna be thinking of Bebe when I drink my coffee. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
23 weeks

Bebe is the size of this box of cereal, a bûche de noël, a bunch of grapes, a Barbie doll, a chinchilla, amd weighs about 1.1lbs.

Not much new with me this week. Just chugging along. I probably should start baby registries this weekend, though, since I've got that extra day off. Figuring out all Bebe will need and what's best seems like a humongous task!

0903201758.jpg
0903201759a.jpg
0903201800.jpg

PS: pumpkin spice forever!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Bebe grew a lot since your last food post!
It looks like more, but only about .4 of an inch in length and a couple of ounces (I messed up in my last post, it was 15, not 12 ounces) but they're supposed to really start packing on the weight now.

Wow! Your bump is growing too! I love the cereal choice! 😄
I saw it a couple weeks ago and couldn't resist buying it. When I saw it would be the right size for this week I'd been saving it. Finally had some this evening. Sooo worth the wait.

I think I'm carrying highish for now? I can't tell exactly, but I read about people who say they're carrying low feeling a lot of pressure on the pelvis that I'm not feeling. But that sounds uncomfortable so I don't mind.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
24 weeks

Bebe is the size of this sub sandwich, a demi-baguette, an eggplant, a GI Joe, an Atlantic puffin, and is about 1.3lbs.

I've also officially hit viability after a rather rough week.

My computer died, so no registry stuff got done. But I borrowed my husband's and Sunday night Bebe and I listened to the Kina Grannis online concert she'd posted (I totally had an earbud to my stomach). Bebe was super active and I could even see movement from the outside (Newest KG fan). Monday, I barely felt them, and thought it was off, but Tuesday when it was barely anything I started freaking out, especially when I was trying all the things that normally got Bebe moving. I ended up calling the after hours line, convinced something was terribly wrong, and it took forever for a midwife to get back to me, who said they don't expect consistent movement at this stage, but since I called they had to recommend I come to the ER for a heartbeat check. My husband wasn't for that and said I should call the next morning for a non ER appointment for a smaller bill and less Covid exposure, but of course yesterday morning I started feeling Bebe again and never called feeling really stupid.

I have no idea how I'm going to do this parenting thing without failing miserably. So much anxiety.

0910201819.jpg
0910201820b.jpg
0910201821b.jpg

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea how I'm going to do this parenting thing without failing miserably. So much anxiety.
You and every other good parent out there has that exact same thought. You do it one day at a time. When you make a mistake you apologize and try again. And honestly that’s probably one of the best things we can do for our kids: let them see how to own your mistakes so they will know there’s grace when you aren’t perfect. Kids don’t come with manuals because each kid is different! And so is each parent. You will do great!! :hugs: You will make mistakes and sometimes feel like a failure... and still be a great mom! If you didn’t have these thoughts I’d call you either naive or negligent.:crazy: You are neither.;)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The great thing about parenthood is that the baby doesn’t have the parental rule book either and won’t remember any of your mistake anyway. And you have about twelve or thirteen years before your child thinks you are the worst and dumbest parent ever.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fact that you have anxiety about being good parent, let's me know you're going to do an amazing job. It means you care and will do whatever it takes for this child. There are so many uncaring, or uninvolved parents that it's terrifying.

Please don't worry and focus on doing your best for your child. That's all anyone can do.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So much anxiety.
That just shows you care and I think there's a learning curve with the first child. Honestly all you need is love which is a trait that comes naturally to you. :hugs: I was so worried with my first that I read and reread motherhood/child care books but my maternal instincts took over and in the end I felt I could write my own book.;) One thing that also helped me was talking to friends that had similar parenting styles for guidance and support.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This week...

Was watching tv last night around 9, went to the bathroom, wiped and saw blood. So husband and I ended up going to the ER after all, though since I'm now 24 weeks, it was actually labor and delivery (more pregnant women, less covid, so that was probably better). The baby was fine, thank God, and my cervix looked good and they think it was probably something with the placenta, but it was terrifying. We got home around 1AM, and I'm pretty tired.

Now I'm waiting to hear back on if I need the rhogam shot early, because of the bleeding. I feel like it's better safe than sorry, but I don't get to make the call.