Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari
One of my pregnancies I was told ,like you, I had a low lying placenta. I was told it’s quite common and as uterus get bigger it will move up so I wouldn’t be too worried, I know easier said than done.
It's good to hear from someone whose placenta did move up! I hope I'll get the same results, but out of all the things that could have gone wrong, this is not too bad.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a low lying placenta, it will, most likely be ok..

This is the explanation I gave my patients, (I am sure you have already heard it):
Think of the uterus as a balloon. Put a dot near the opening of it. As you blow the balloon up, the dot moves higher and higher.. The same with the uterus.. The placenta will stay stationary--attached to one spot in the wall, and the entire uterus will enlarge, taking that spot out of the way of the opening.
This is how I learned about placenta previous in school..

Hope that makes sense...

And I really hope I am not sending like a know it all.. I do not mean to be.. I am excited for you..

Cute pictures.. in one, it looks like Bebe is blowing bubbles (actually a cross section of the umbilical cord).... sweet,,, love the ones with Bebe's finger in his mouth!! (always say he--means nothing)...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the explanation I gave my patients, (I am sure you have already heard it):
Think of the uterus as a balloon. Put a dot near the opening of it. As you blow the balloon up, the dot moves higher and higher.. The same with the uterus.. The placenta will stay stationary--attached to one spot in the wall, and the entire uterus will enlarge, taking that spot out of the way of the opening.
This is how I learned about placenta previous in school..
That's basically what the midwife said, too, about it moving up. She said it was 1.8cm away, so at least it's not covering the cervix, and the biggest concern now is potential bleeding, even though I haven't had any bleeding or spotting yet ( thankfully. Really hoping not to have to get an extra rhogam shot because I hear they're terrible).

Cute pictures.. in one, it looks like Bebe is blowing bubbles (actually a cross section of the umbilical cord).... sweet,,, love the ones with Bebe's finger in his mouth!! (always say he--means nothing)...
Is that what the bubble shaped thing is? I assumed it was part of the hand or arm again! My brother thinks Bebe looks like a boy in the ultrasound pictures, and he could be right, but as of now, only the ultrasound tech knows for sure!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't find the rhogam shots terrible or really even noteworthy except that I had to go up to the hospital for it. Both my kids have a + rh factor.

My kids looked alike on the ultrasound. I could tell as soon as I saw DS on there that he would resemble DD. As babies they did have a lot of similarities and some people cant tell them apart in pictures. But then DH and I have similar facial shapes anyway. I expected them to have the same nose but they don't. DS was bigger at birth by about a pound and 2" but he also "cooked" a week longer. Now she's more "above average" in height than he is. So who knows how that works sometimes. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't find the rhogam shots terrible or really even noteworthy except that I had to go up to the hospital for it. Both my kids have a + rh factor.

My kids looked alike on the ultrasound. I could tell as soon as I saw DS on there that he would resemble DD. As babies they did have a lot of similarities and some people cant tell them apart in pictures. But then DH and I have similar facial shapes anyway. I expected them to have the same nose but they don't. DS was bigger at birth by about a pound and 2" but he also "cooked" a week longer. Now she's more "above average" in height than he is. So who knows how that works sometimes. :lol:
That's good! I thought I read somewhere that the rhogam shot was way more painful than others, but if it's not that bad aside from having to go into the main hospital building, it'll be okay.

I think Bebe looks a little bit like my husband in the 3D ultrasound, but I know it's not exact and they still have a lot of cooking to do in there.

My friend's new baby looks pretty much identical to her 5 year old at that age, except for the bows on her head!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope and after giving birth; a shot is no big deal. I think your body just tolerates pain better or something. I can recall the pain when they numbed my face to remove a few moles and put stitches in my finger. I can't recall the pain from rhogam. Or any lingering tenderness like tetanus shots leave. I think I may have had the whooping cough vaccine while still at the hospital after DS was born too. I know I had an extra one. It was something DH went to get himself afterwards at their recommendation; so probably that.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
With he Placenta, 1.6 is almost borderline low-lying placenta. I forget exactly, but I thing 2 cm is the official cut-off. It sounds as if it will be fine. I bet, the next time you have an US, it will be well out of the way for delivery.. I have seen this so many times, during my career.

They have to give you the precautions; which kind of scare you.

Yes, the 'bubbles' are the cord seem in cross section. Bebe is so cute...

Again, not trying to butt-in...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom - not butting in at all! I really appreciate the knowledge of an expert! I hope you're right, and mine isn't super stubborn or something.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way, Bebe was feeling pretty active last night after I had some ice cream, and my husband was able to feel them for the first time. My heart. :heartshape: I've been waiting for that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My brother thinks Bebe looks like a boy in the ultrasound pictures, and he could be right, but as of now, only the ultrasound tech knows for sure!
So Mr. Lari, aka Bebe's daddy-to-be, changed his mind about finding out whether he needed to buy pink or blue cigars?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, when it came time to take the picture for him, Bebe kept closing their legs, and I had to get up and move around to get them to move. Even though she was able to finally get the picture, I told my husband that was Bebe saying they wanted daddy to be team green, too.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
22 weeks

Bebe is the size of this coffee cake, a flaugnarde, an ear of corn, a water bottle, an American guinea pig, and about 12.7 oz (although at my ultrasound they guessed more, even though Bebe was measuring exactly to the day).

Apps and websites are telling me this week Bebe is all about touching everything they can - face, body, umbilical cord. It's such a weird feeling when they get active.

0827201752.jpg
0827201754a.jpg
0827201754b.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait, Bebe was 12.7oz last week. 15ish oz this week (which is the weight they guessed last Friday). I'm losing it.

The sites are also telling me to be on the look out for stretch marks now. Yay.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't believe everything you read. ;) I never had any stretch marks with either child and you may not either.:crossfingers:
So glad to hear Bebe is being active, maybe he or she will be an athlete. 🤸‍♀️
I hope you're right! I have enough body image issues as it is. Admittedly, though, I'm more worried about gestational diabetes than stretch marks.

On and off active. It's a relief to feel them, so much better than before when I had no idea how things were going in there. And they can be an athlete, but no football! Too many concussions.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you're right! I have enough body image issues as it is. Admittedly, though, I'm more worried about gestational diabetes than stretch marks.
I had gestational diabetes with my second because I was 5 yrs. older by then and to put your mind at ease everything was fine. :hugs:
I followed the doctor's instructions, watched what I ate, carried to full term and baby #2 was perfectly healthy. This type of diabetes usually goes away when the baby is born which is what happened in my case. Thinking of you and wishing you a normal delivery and childbirth. 🤗