Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you ever have any questions or concerns I'd be more than glad to try to help. :hugs: BTW, I forgot to ask if your husband and you are looking into Lamaze classes. Another helpful method with childbirth
Thank you! I may end up taking you up on that!

I have not, but I do need to start looking into that possibly. I've heard really good things about something called hypnobirth/hypnobabies as well, and then Lamaze vs Bradley Methods. I do worry about a lack of in person classes due to the pandemic and feeling like I might not get enough from an online class, but it's probably better than nothing.

I keep telling myself I'm going to work on all this stuff and start a registry and all after the anatomy scan and knowing everything is hopefully looking good.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I know there's all that, too. And I know it's supposed to be happening! I just mentally struggle with the fact that I spent five years losing about 35lbs from my heaviest (and still wanted to lose another 10 or more) and now I'm basically supposed to gain most of it back in a few months. Hopefully it won't take me another five years to lose it all again after birth.
I think since you learned in those five years what works for your body, it should make it a bit easier to get yourself back to where you were. But patience is always important. :heartshape:

p.s. all the talk about ice cream is making me want to go out and buy some. lol i love the publix brand ice cream called chocolate trinity.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The nurses I had with both my deliveries were excellent. They talked me through what didn’t come intuitively. I would have liked to have had the class (I read some books.) but first a snowstorm rescheduled it and then DD decided to be early. Which now that I think of it describes her in general... Early! 🤪

I bet the Internet has good videos out there that can help you now too. It sounds like you have a great healthcare center; so I’m sure combining all things they will be great when Bebe decides to come too.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found myself really enjoying food more than ever before. I was choosing treats but also had fun eating stuff that I knew would be great for the baby. I felt I was contributing great building material. Lol I had a better reason than ever before to eat yummy AND healthy. I gained more slowly later in the pregnancy. I guess I finally reached maximum capacity. :lol: I had a lot of fun with food. As for breast feeding, we did that but assisted with a pump. Whatever works for you both and for Bebe is great! This is a really wonderful time.:hugs:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah, I know there's all that, too. And I know it's supposed to be happening! I just mentally struggle with the fact that I spent five years losing about 35lbs from my heaviest (and still wanted to lose another 10 or more) and now I'm basically supposed to gain most of it back in a few months. Hopefully it won't take me another five years to lose it all again after birth.
Some women find they have no weight problems after a pregnancy and birth, so there's no sense worrying about that now. My hairdresser really struggled with her weight during childhood, her teens and twenties, gained "too much" weight during her first pregnancy, had her daughter - and transformed into a naturally slim person. She gained weight during her second pregnancy, but dropped it very quickly afterwards without dieting. Twelve years later she's still slim without watching her weight. The same thing happened to my cousin. The pregnancies must have changed their metabolisms, since it wasn't temporary loss due to lack of sleep, no time to eat, or running after active toddlers.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some women find they have no weight problems after a pregnancy and birth, so there's no sense worrying about that now. My hairdresser really struggled with her weight during childhood, her teens and twenties, gained "too much" weight during her first pregnancy, had her daughter - and transformed into a naturally slim person. She gained weight during her second pregnancy, but dropped it very quickly afterwards without dieting. Twelve years later she's still slim without watching her weight. The same thing happened to my cousin. The pregnancies must have changed their metabolisms, since it wasn't temporary loss due to lack of sleep, no time to eat, or running after active toddlers.
How interesting! I didnt know that your metabolism could change after a pregnancy. But it makes sense since some women develop health issues they never had before (like diabetes, High blood pressure). I do think starting from a healthy stand point before becoming pregnant definitely puts the woman in a better standing. :vibes:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20 weeks

Halfway!!!

Bebe is the size of a pancake, a palmier cookie, a Belgian endive, a paper airplane, an axolotl and about 10.5 ounces

There is some discrepancy between sites on whether you start measuring head to heel (rather than crown to rump) at 20 or 21 weeks, so I made both a 10ish inch and 6.5ish inch pancake to cover my bases.

I've been extra hungry it feels like this week, and the scales are showing it. I'm still in my good zone, but closer to the top than I'd like, so I probably need to be a bit healthier this week.

Capture+_2020-08-13-19-56-50.png

Now you know how much I weigh, eep.

I feel really big today.

0813201931.jpg
0813201932a.jpg
0813201933a.jpg

Here's a bonus Sparkle trying to eat my pancakes (she loves butter)

0813201949.jpg
0813201949a.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! I wondered why kitty was looking at you like that. She wanted your pancake! That is one yummy looking pancake, I never saw one that big! Your weight isn't bad. I weighed 157 pounds back in November before I went vegetarian.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! I wondered why kitty was looking at you like that. She wanted your pancake! That is one yummy looking pancake, I never saw one that big! Your weight isn't bad. I weighed 157 pounds back in November before I went vegetarian.
I feel like I remember you saying once you were tall, though! That makes a difference.

I had to use our biggest skillet to make the huge pancake. I've had crepes that size, and palacinke, but usually the thicker fluffy pancakes aren't as big.

No doubt that’s a baby bump now! :redheartpump: (And that weight would be skinny for me. 😉) I love seeing the kitties in the background every week too!
Lelia does seem to be photobombing more often these days! It's a mixture of her loving that spot on the dresser, and I think she misses me now that I'm gone all day babysitting, so she tries to be by me a bit more now when I'm home.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its nice that you are taking pictures so the baby can look back on them. :heartshape: Love the red dress by the way.

Kitty looks confused and hungry at the same time in the pictures. :lol:
My mom only had a couple of pictures of her pregnant with me, and they aren't very good (sitting or just her face) and it always made me sad as a kid there weren't more, so I figured I'd take them in case Bebe ever wanted to see!

I got the dress at I'm pretty sure JC Penny like five years ago I think? It was when I was about at my heaviest and a size large, so I figured it would probably fit throughout pregnancy. The green one is stretchier, so between the two, hopefully at least one will make it the whole way!

That sounds about right for Sparkle!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmm. I’m with Sparkle. Butter on pancakes! :crazy::kneading:While you were taking the picture in the green dress, Sparkle was alreading scoping out the dish. Lol
I weighed almost exactly what you weigh by this time in the pregnancy. Some weeks I gained more than others and all went well. You look great!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmm. I’m with Sparkle. Butter on pancakes! :crazy::kneading:While you were taking the picture in the green dress, Sparkle was alreading scoping out the dish. Lol
I weighed almost exactly what you weigh by this time in the pregnancy. Some weeks I gained more than others and all went well. You look great!
That's Lelia in the green dress picture! Sparkle did watch me make the pancakes, though, stayed downstairs while I took the pictures, then came to join me at the table.

Yeah, I guess I can't expect the gain to be steady, but as long as it all evens out and I don't end up gaining 50+, it should be okay.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeepers! I tried to look closely to see if it was Sparkle too! Lol Stronger glasses or bigger screen! Sorry Lelia!
It’s nice that Sparkle is helping you cook and joining you at the table. Such a good helper!
Yes. The weight evened out for me and I think it does for many. After I had Sarah, I looked down and missed the weight! Lol Suddenly I didn’t have an arm rest for a tummy! :lol: Enjoy it. It’s beautiful!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Good For you!! Hooray!!! I am with sparkle, also.. plenty of butter and a bit of real maple syrup on pancakes!! and bacon!!! or breakfast sausage!!! need the sweet and salty!

From now on, it may be easier to go by weight, if you want a comparison. That is what they are going by, now.... at least, in my experience. The measurements will not be from crown to rump, but different parameters...

You are doing so good! Do not concentrate on your weight.. Just eat healthy; give in to your cravings!
All things in moderation--except alcohol and smoking, and the taboo drugs..

I think over a 30 lb weight gain is getting into excessiveness... so just be cautious... remember, you will be gaining a ton of weight, very fast, during the last trimester---last few months... This is when the baby grows the fastest!

Enjoy this time... pamper yourself... you deserve it!!

:redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom - I've read that between 25 and 35 is good. I'm hoping to be closer to the 25, but I need to cut back a little especially on carbs and sweets. I've just felt so hungry this week, and I have a bad habit of stress eating. I'm going to try to do better.

Jcatbird Jcatbird - it's all good! Others have confused them as well. In real life, they don't look a thing alike, but on a small screen, the colors on their faces are a similar pattern and you can't see the orange on Lelia's from as far away.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
y aren't very good (sitting or just her face) and it always made me sad as a kid there weren't more, so I figured I'd take them in case Bebe ever wanted to see!

I got the dress at I'm pretty sure JC Penny like five years ago I think?
I know what you mean. I dont think i have seen any pictures of my mom pregnant with me. And as she had more kids the amount of baby pictures lessened. lol Theres pictures of me, but they arent as fancy as the first two babys (she had 5 kids). This is why i always encourage pregnant family members to take pictures. I find it sad when they dont want to because they're insecure of themselves. :sigh: Since its such a special time.

Thats what i hate getting rid of clothes, they eventually come in handy. :redheartpump:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I aren't really photogenic; but we had maternity pictures and newborn pictures done with our kids. Actually DH didn't come for the maternity ones the first time. It didn't cross my mind that he should be there. :lol: My friend's mother did them; so that was nice and helped me feel more comfortable in front of the camera. I'd rather be behind it usually. I may not be on any magazine covers; but they are nice to look back at. I think I've seen one picture of DH's mom pregnant with him and maybe a few of my mom. Back then maternity clothing looked like tents; so they aren't the best either. Looking back at my week-to-week pictures is fun. I also liked comparing my stomach with each kid. I definitely carried them differently. And I use them in occasional talks with the kids about babies.