Growing a Human - Again!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To this day I think these were early signs of what their personalities would be like. :biggrin:
Yes! I've absolutely found that to be true. DD would get SO active when DH would come home from work. She's still a daddy's girl! DS was pretty chill in the womb (except when he figured out how to jab my cervix..something I never experienced with DD!). He was a laid back happy baby and for a boy he isn't "off the wall" like my friends boys. :lol2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news! My husband is not a carrier for LCHAD/HADHA whatever. So while they still want me to meet with a genetic counselor, the worst that would happen is Bebe would be a carrier. Of course, since they only tested the one gene for him, who knows what he could be passing down as a carrier. But who am I to argue with how they do things?

Bebe's heartbeat was 134 today. It's gone down every single appointment, but I've been assured that's normal. Now as long as I don't find out they're missing half their head or something at the anatomy scan, things should be good.

My husband dreamed about Bebe hatching out of an egg and growing up to be a very tall man. I wonder if that's a sign Bebe's a boy. :biggrin:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
19 weeks

Bebe is the size of an ice cream cone, a crêpe suzette, a zucchini, a game boy (the old school original gray one), a four-toed hedgehog, and apparently my phone is also about 6 inches.

Bebe weighs about 8.5 ounces (and I've gained about 10lbs, so unfortunately most of that isn't Bebe), and I'm pretty sure I'm starting to feel him or her more often.

Pregnant lady moment of the week: yesterday, I put on the Disney movie Bolt for the kid I'm nannying for. The baby is sleeping, so I'm half paying attention and doing a sudoku. The cat character starts talking about how her human family moved away leaving a declawed cat to fend for herself and I start straight up sobbing. Yay hormones.

My anatomy scan has been pushed back a week. I was told I couldn't do it this week when I made my appointment last time at 15 weeks because the ultrasound tech was on vacation, so I had a check in Tuesday (Bebe's heartbeat keeps going down - it was at 134), and planned it for next Friday. Tech shows up yesterday (she's only in Wednesdays and Fridays) having switched her vacation. Or they had it written down wrong possibly. So since I'd already gone in this week, I elected to do it the 21st rather than coming in tomorrow. I'm a little bit nervous and want to see everything's okay in there, but all my blood tests have come out good, so hopefully it'll be fine and I won't find out Bebe's missing half their head or their kidneys or something.

Pictures!

0806201849.jpg
0806201854a.jpg
0806201854b.jpg

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
19 weeks

Bebe is the size of an ice cream cone, a crêpe suzette, a zucchini, a game boy (the old school original gray one), a four-toed hedgehog, and apparently my phone is also about 6 inches.

Bebe weighs about 8.5 ounces (and I've gained about 10lbs, so unfortunately most of that isn't Bebe), and I'm pretty sure I'm starting to feel him or her more often.

Pregnant lady moment of the week: yesterday, I put on the Disney movie Bolt for the kid I'm nannying for. The baby is sleeping, so I'm half paying attention and doing a sudoku. The cat character starts talking about how her human family moved away leaving a declawed cat to fend for herself and I start straight up sobbing. Yay hormones.

My anatomy scan has been pushed back a week. I was told I couldn't do it this week when I made my appointment last time at 15 weeks because the ultrasound tech was on vacation, so I had a check in Tuesday (Bebe's heartbeat keeps going down - it was at 134), and planned it for next Friday. Tech shows up yesterday (she's only in Wednesdays and Fridays) having switched her vacation. Or they had it written down wrong possibly. So since I'd already gone in this week, I elected to do it the 21st rather than coming in tomorrow. I'm a little bit nervous and want to see everything's okay in there, but all my blood tests have come out good, so hopefully it'll be fine and I won't find out Bebe's missing half their head or their kidneys or something.

Pictures!
This might sound silly as we dont know each other outside of this site. But it really brightened my awful day to find out that you're pregnant. :hugs::redheartpump:I love kids so much. I pray for a healthy pregnancy and baby. :vibes::heartshape:

I hope your tests come out perfect. I'll be following this thread to keep up.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This might sound silly as we dont know each other outside of this site. But it really brightened my awful day to find out that you're pregnant. :hugs::redheartpump:I love kids so much. I pray for a healthy pregnancy and baby. :vibes::heartshape:

I hope your tests come out perfect. I'll be following this thread to keep up.
Thank you! You're too sweet! :hearthrob:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm craving that ice cream cone now. I remember my parents never let us get the sugar cones because they cost more than the regular tan colored ones!
I bought a twelve pack at the grocery store of waffle cones, store brand, so it was actually pretty cheap, I want to say less than $3. So then I had to buy more ice cream so I would have enough to eat them all.

...This is where all my weight gain is coming from.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet that was a bump! Sarah loved to get my attention. Lol At first I wasn’t sure that it was a bump but she made it more noticeable as time went by. The kitties would curl up beside me and purr and I found myself petting kitties and tummy together.. It seemed enjoyable to both! Lol Happy Birthday for us too! :bday: It’s belated but still filled with love.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eeks! Almost half way!! :clap:That ice cream and cone look awfully tasty! Don't forget that pregnancy weight is also fluids and tissue, placenta, etc. Try not to get wrapped up in numbers. Sometimes I'd put on 3lb in a week and then nothing the next.:hugs:

My hormonal moment with DD was crying when we had our trees trimmed. My hormonal moment with DS was crying over seeing the groundhog on tv on Groundhog Day. It was just such a momentous occasion you know! :lol2:
I found myself petting kitties and tummy together.
I had to break myself of that habit after my kids were born. :paperbag:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eeks! Almost half way!! :clap:That ice cream and cone look awfully tasty! Don't forget that pregnancy weight is also fluids and tissue, placenta, etc. Try not to get wrapped up in numbers. Sometimes I'd put on 3lb in a week and then nothing the next.:hugs:

My hormonal moment with DD was crying when we had our trees trimmed. My hormonal moment with DS was crying over seeing the groundhog on tv on Groundhog Day. It was just such a momentous occasion you know! :lol2:

I had to break myself of that habit after my kids were born. :paperbag:
Oh yeah, I know there's all that, too. And I know it's supposed to be happening! I just mentally struggle with the fact that I spent five years losing about 35lbs from my heaviest (and still wanted to lose another 10 or more) and now I'm basically supposed to gain most of it back in a few months. Hopefully it won't take me another five years to lose it all again after birth.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah, I know there's all that, too. And I know it's supposed to be happening! I just mentally struggle with the fact that I spent five years losing about 35lbs from my heaviest (and still wanted to lose another 10 or more) and now I'm basically supposed to gain most of it back in a few months. Hopefully it won't take me another five years to lose it all again after birth.
It might be a little different for me because I started overweight; but with my DD I was actually something like 25lb lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight by the time she was about 6 weeks old. Unfortunately I didn't keep it off but slowly went back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Then with DS I think I was about 20lb over my pre-pregnancy weight at birth; but back to my normal weight quickly without breastfeeding that time. It seems like as long as you eat decent and stay somewhat active; it comes off. Sometimes your body shape changes or you skin is a little looser in the belly; but the weight itself isn't different. I have friends who you can't tell they've had multiple kids. I just told myself that my body was doing what it was supposed to do; including afterwards.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just go vegetarian. I lost an entire person, size 12 to size 6. All the things people say are fattening don't put any weight on me- cheese, eggs, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, bread, bagels, butter....I don't know about dessert because I don't really like it. But I can't stop thinking about your sugar cones! I wonder if they would taste good broken up in a bowl of ice cream? Some exciting ice cream flavor like coffee.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I just mentally struggle with the fact that I spent five years losing about 35lbs from my heaviest (and still wanted to lose another 10 or more) and now I'm basically supposed to gain most of it back in a few months
Isn't being pregnant supposed to be the only time you can eat what you want and gain weight without any guilt? I don't think you need to worry about it. I've heard breast feeding is the best crash diet in the world, so just eat whatever you feel like eating now.

:yummy:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be a little different for me because I started overweight; but with my DD I was actually something like 25lb lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight by the time she was about 6 weeks old. Unfortunately I didn't keep it off but slowly went back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Then with DS I think I was about 20lb over my pre-pregnancy weight at birth; but back to my normal weight quickly without breastfeeding that time. It seems like as long as you eat decent and stay somewhat active; it comes off. Sometimes your body shape changes or you skin is a little looser in the belly; but the weight itself isn't different. I have friends who you can't tell they've had multiple kids. I just told myself that my body was doing what it was supposed to do; including afterwards.
I hope you're right! I need to do a bit better at the eating decent probably - I just like my desserts too much (of course, if I end up with gestational diabetes like my friend had, that would cut out the sweets right there). And maybe get a bit more active, though at least I'm trying to do a bit of youtube prenatal yoga three times a week.

Just go vegetarian. I lost an entire person, size 12 to size 6. All the things people say are fattening don't put any weight on me- cheese, eggs, peanut butter, nuts, seeds, bread, bagels, butter....I don't know about dessert because I don't really like it. But I can't stop thinking about your sugar cones! I wonder if they would taste good broken up in a bowl of ice cream? Some exciting ice cream flavor like coffee.
Lol, I like bacon too much! Actually, I'm not a super huge meat eater. I don't need to eat it every day, but I also really enjoy a good burger at times. So I'm not sure how much cutting out meat would do for me if I'm still eating candy and ice cream since it's not a huge part of my diet.

I think it would be delicious! They do have some Ben & Jerry's flavors that have pieces of cone in them already, if I'm remembering right, so other people have thought of the idea!

Isn't being pregnant supposed to be the only time you can eat what you want and gain weight without any guilt? I don't think you need to worry about it. I've heard breast feeding is the best crash diet in the world, so just eat whatever you feel like eating now.

I do want to breastfeed, though I've known so many people who have struggled with it that I hope I'm able to. Everything is saying if you start out at a normal weight (and my BMI was on the cusp of normal to overweight), you should gain 25 to 35lbs total, and according to my app I'm in the zone of where I should be at this point in pregnancy, but I'd still feel better if it was closer to 25 rather than 35 total in the end.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My cousin did that and gained 100 pounds. 😳 She took the “eating for two thing WAY too literally! 🤪

Just aim to eat healthy and have treats in moderation. Do some walking or something. You’ll be fine.
I hope you're right! I need to do a bit better at the eating decent probably - I just like my desserts too much (of course, if I end up with gestational diabetes like my friend had, that would cut out the sweets right there). And maybe get a bit more active, though at least I'm trying to do a bit of youtube prenatal yoga three times a week.

Lol, I like bacon too much! Actually, I'm not a super huge meat eater. I don't need to eat it every day, but I also really enjoy a good burger at times. So I'm not sure how much cutting out meat would do for me if I'm still eating candy and ice cream since it's not a huge part of my diet.

I think it would be delicious! They do have some Ben & Jerry's flavors that have pieces of cone in them already, if I'm remembering right, so other people have thought of the idea!

I do want to breastfeed, though I've known so many people who have struggled with it that I hope I'm able to. Everything is saying if you start out at a normal weight (and my BMI was on the cusp of normal to overweight), you should gain 25 to 35lbs total, and according to my app I'm in the zone of where I should be at this point in pregnancy, but I'd still feel better if it was closer to 25 rather than 35 total in the end.
Everyone is so different. One of my friends has 4 kids. Every pregnancy she got a big bump FAST. Then it just stayed that size and her weight didn’t change really. Her doctor said she tended to retain water. I think as long as you don’t go nuts like my cousin; you’ll be fine.

Breastfeeding was an issue for us. DD never got the latch and I was having blood pressure issues; so I pumped for a while. I did lose weight quickly! If your hospital is able to have breastfeeding classes somehow I would take it. It helped me get as far as we did. The lactation consultant from our hospital wasn’t nice and she was never around when I needed help. (DD was early and in the nicu.) The nurses were great help though. Unfortunately I couldn’t take them home with me and then we kept getting blizzards. It was a winter to remember! 😆

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, one of the midwives (the one I haven't met yet) is a certified lactation consultant, and I think there are others so hopefully there's support. But I'll definitely be doing some research and hopefully there will at least be an online class if in person isn't feasible now. One thing I didn't realize when I chose my hospital is that they actually have a really good PPD/PPA program, which is good for me as I'm at high risk of that as well. So me wanting a midwife over an OB and not choosing the absolute closest hospital because of that ended up working out in my favor.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a big proponent of breastfeeding. However, I know many women who wanted to nurse their baby but had other health issues. If for any reason it doesn't work out for you that's okay since I know you will be a caring and devoted mom. I'm glad you are looking into this now and will have the necessary support both from the lactation consultant and at the hospital. I did contact our local La Leche League and they were extremely helpful too. If you haven't already done so you can check out their website here: Homepage | La Leche League International Since you will be staying home with Bebe I think you will find breastfeeding a truly wonderful and bonding experience. If you ever have any questions or concerns I'd be more than glad to try to help. :hugs: BTW, I forgot to ask if your husband and you are looking into Lamaze classes. Another helpful method with childbirth.

I bought a twelve pack at the grocery store of waffle cones, store brand, so it was actually pretty cheap, I want to say less than $3. So then I had to buy more ice cream so I would have enough to eat them all.
This is where all my weight gain is coming from.
Don't worry about weight gain, you deserve to treat yourself. As long as you don't overdo it you'll be fine. I had a craving for hot fudge sundaes with my first. Almost every night during the summer I would go to DQ after work. 🍨

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What neely neely said is what happened for us. People; especially ones with babies of their own, can get so passionate about the choices they make that they forget their right answer isn’t necessarily someone elses right answer. Only you and your husband get to decide what and how Bebe is raised. Support is out there if you need it and want it. I liked talking to my friends about things I was unfamiliar with. It helped a lot. But I quickly found out who didn’t need that honor. Others were sanity savers!

You are going to be a great mom!:agree: