Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet if you book an elective one and explain that you don’t want to know the gender; you just want your DH to see the baby they will be happy to accomodate that. Business is business after all. I’d just reiterate that before they start.
Yeah. I think for now I'll wait and see if things change in the next month and if they allow him in, great! If not, I'll book an elective scan for a couple weeks later. They did allow video calls for my first scan and likely will again, but it's still not the same.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
16 weeks

Bebe is the size of a doughnut (supposedly - all the ones I bought ended up being too small or too big, but I ate them anyway), a poire belle hélène (which is a sugary poached pear drizzled in chocolate sauce and served with ice cream and sounds amazing), a dill pickle, an action figure, a Philippine tangier, and this 3 Musketeers bar I found that's just the right size.

I read this week Bebe can start hearing outside the womb (I first read they could start hearing earlier, but maybe they could only hear my heartbeat before), so it's time to start making a new Kina Grannis fan during my commute, lol. Bebe's also gained another ounce and is about 3.5 ounces now.

I was a bit crampy on and off today, so hopefully that's just my uterus growing and nothing bad.

0716201926_HDR.jpg
0716201929a_HDR.jpg
0716201929.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the size of a doughnut (supposedly - all the ones I bought ended up being too small or too big, but I ate them anyway)
:lol: If you need help researching these treats every week; put my name at the top of the list!

Cramping is totally normal. You definitely look pregnant to me now. That pop might be in progress! ❤

Love the snoopervisor in the background! :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol: If you need help researching these treats every week; put my name at the top of the list!

Cramping is totally normal. You definitely look pregnant to me now. That pop might be in progress! ❤

Love the snoopervisor in the background! :lol:
Haha. I just go off the pregnancy+ app because it's weirdly a week ahead of everything else, so I have a head's up on what to buy or make ahead of time. They start combining one thing for three weeks in later pregnancy, so I might have to get more creative at that point.

I can't suck it in completely anymore, so it might actually be a tiny bit of baby under all the bloat.

She loves that spot. She used to sleep on the pile of my husband's clothes that were there, and I think he felt bad when he finally put everything away, so he left the blanket there for her instead.

It’s amazing that Bebe has grown to the size of a Three Musketeers bar! I do love all the comparisons. Lol That pear sounds wonderful.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Snoopervisor! :lol: With all the yummy treats showing up, perhaps looking for some cat treats to arrive?
I feel like I might have had one of those pears back when I studied abroad - I had some kind of pear with chocolate. It's crazy how much Bebe has grown.
She gets treats every night after playtime. She doesn't need any extras! :cutecat:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
17 weeks

Bebe is the size of a Belgian waffle, a crème brulée, a pomegranate, a video game console controller, a chipmunk. Bebe is almost 5 ounces and bigger than the placenta now.

My genetic carrier screening came back positive as a carrier for something called LCHAD (assuming I'm a carrier and don't actually have it without knowing it), so my husband had to get his blood taken to see if he's also a carrier. It's kind of scary, but when you're screened for like 288 things, only one positive probably isn't bad (and it's not tested for in the offerings that test for only 6, or even 46 things so it's probably not the worst), but I'm still hoping he comes back negative and we don't have to worry about the 25% chance of it being passed on.

I've been feeling especially anxious lately. I tried to wean off my anxiety meds, and it's been about two weeks and getting worse and worse, so my midwife agreed I should go back on for now. I feel like I'm harming Bebe either from the meds or my mood and it's lose-lose.

Enough whining. Here are today's pictures.

0723201859.jpg
0723201901a.jpg
0723201902.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
18 weeks

Bebe is the size of a slice of cake (well, the width of this banana cream pie I found because I couldn't find a slice of cake long enough), a croissant, a sweet potato, a slingshot, a sugar glider.

I saw one in Australia and have a picture!
0109201715_HDR.jpg

Bebe weighs about 6.7oz and growing. I may have possibly felt Bebe this past week, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm still feeling anxious, but a lot better back on a very low dose of my medication, so hopefully it's not affecting Bebe too badly.

0730201826.jpg
0730201827_HDR.jpg
0730201827a.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was sitting on the couch eating leftover chocolate ice cream cake from my birthday and I could swear I felt a little poke. It would be nice to know for sure, though!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Look at that bump! I can't imagine how relieved you must feel knowing you aren't going back to school soon. My town just announced their plans last night and parents on both sides are losing their minds.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at that bump! I can't imagine how relieved you must feel knowing you aren't going back to school soon. My town just announced their plans last night and parents on both sides are losing their minds.
Yeah, the school I was at sounds like they're offering full time in person and full time online, and that they're planning on offering their own online instruction, so are teachers doing twice as much? This is a private school with only one teacher per grade (two for preschool), so I'm not sure how they'll manage it. But glad I'm not having to do it!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was sitting on the couch eating leftover chocolate ice cream cake from my birthday and I could swear I felt a little poke. It would be nice to know for sure, though!
I remember waiting and waiting wondering when I would feel movement for the first time. :anticipation: As it turned out I was gong home from work on the train with baby #1 and had a feeling like someone was swimming gently inside my tummy. With #2 I swear she would wait until I was falling asleep and then bam, an elbow or foot would jab me. To this day I think these were early signs of what their personalities would be like. :biggrin: I'm sure you were right and felt a little poke, get ready there will be more of those to come.🤗