Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
14 weeks

Second Trimester!!!! (Hopefully things are still going okay in there)

Bebe is the size of a brownie, a mille-feuille/Napoleon, a brilliant beet, a troll doll, a house mouse

Bebe is also weighing over an ounce now.

That was the recipe my grandma used for brownies. Normally we dont cut them that big, but I used my tape measure to get the size right.

I hear if you can suck it in that it's bloat, and if you can't, it's a bump, so I'm pretty sure it's still just bloat. My weight has jumped up about 2-3 pounds this week despite it having stayed basically the same the twelve previous weeks. Possibly it's too many cheese balls.

0702201818_HDR.jpg
0702201819a_HDR.jpg
0702201819.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
15 weeks

I had an appointment this morning and our heartbeat was 147! I was so relieved to hear it. Waiting a month since my last appointment felt like forever.

Bebe is the size of a moon cake (which, lol, I wasn't going to be able to find), an éclair, a hass avocado, a box of 8 crayons, a yellow canary, and a pint of ice cream! (Both the diameter of the lid, as well as the measurement from top to bottom were about 4 inches, so take your pick of which way you want to measure).

Bebe is about 2.5 ounces this week as well, about an ounce more than last time!

0709200826.jpg
0709200827_HDR.jpg
0709200827b.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How are you feeling now? I think your belly is looking more like a bump this week! :redheartpump:

Are you scheduled for your anatomy ultrasound yet? That should be in a month or so right? Even without seeing the gender; it's really neat to get to see your baby. My DD was facing backwards so we didn't get a good view of her face; but man those little feet were the cutest thing ever! I knew from DS's ultrasound that he would resemble DD. The office that did DD's ultrasound had a nice size tv on the wall for DH and I to watch everything.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are you feeling now? I think your belly is looking more like a bump this week! :redheartpump:

Are you scheduled for your anatomy ultrasound yet? That should be in a month or so right? Even without seeing the gender; it's really neat to get to see your baby. My DD was facing backwards so we didn't get a good view of her face; but man those little feet were the cutest thing ever! I knew from DS's ultrasound that he would resemble DD. The office that did DD's ultrasound had a nice size tv on the wall for DH and I to watch everything.
August 14th at 20 weeks! Since that's 5 weeks away the midwife wants to do a quick check in the week before.

So far, my husband's still not allowed to come to it with me. :( Hopefully that'll change in the next month or we might have to go to an elective place even though I don't want to know the sex and that's normally what they do.

I'm pretty sure that "bump" is mostly all the brownies I've eaten this past week. :tongue: I'm feeling okay - it's nice to get the reassurance of there still being a heartbeat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hopefully that'll change in the next month or we might have to go to an elective place even though I don't want to know the sex and that's normally what they do.
Can you request for them not to tell you the sex and/or not peek at the ultrasound? I'm sure there are other women who also don't want to know the gender before their baby is born.

The time is flying by for us, do you feel the same way? With the uncertainty of whether school will be in the classroom, on-line or both I bet you're glad with the decision not to return this year.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you request for them not to tell you the sex and/or not peek at the ultrasound? I'm sure there are other women who also don't want to know the gender before their baby is born.

The time is flying by for us, do you feel the same way? With the uncertainty of whether school will be in the classroom, on-line or both I bet you're glad with the decision not to return this year.
Probably! The problem is my husband does want to know, and I'm worried about his ability to not accidentally slip up and let me know if they found a way to show him and I looked away. But I guess we'll deal with the same if things change and he's allowed at my anatomy scan, too.

I need to work on convincing him how awesome team green is.

It feels kind of slow to me. But I agreed to nanny for my friend's two kids over this summer (she had to go back into work when her maternity leave ended and her husband couldn't work from home and take care of both at the same time), so now the days seem longer because I can't sleep in anymore during the week! Also, I've been having car troubles (it's in the shop for the third time in the past couple weeks because they didn't actually find and fix the right problem the first two times) and that feels like it's been dragging as well.

I'm so glad I'm not going back this fall. It's going to be an absolute mess to figure all this out, and I have so much respect for my former coworkers and whoever takes on my job, because last I heard my school wanted to be in person and offer online for those parents who still wanted to be part of the community but didn't feel comfortable with in person and it's going to be a lot. There's going to be so much trial and error this year and I hope people are going to be willing to cut teachers some slack as they navigate through it all.

Not to mention I don't necessarily want to be one of the guinea pigs on how covid affects pregnancy, and while there's no guarantee I'll be safe not teaching, my risk would likely be way up back in the classroom.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really feel there is baby bump showing now. Even if you are brownies, brownies convert to Bebe!
Things are so much more advanced from when I was pregnant. We didn’t officially know the gender but I was convinced. Turned out, I had a fifty fifty chance of getting it right. I did. Lol We had a list of preferred names and narrowed it down but once she was here, she got a first name that wasn’t even on the list. It just fit and always did.
There used to be stretchy fabric panels that easily stitch into jeans to give you more time to avoid buying maternity clothes. A loose fitting top covers the panel and they are super comfy. I am small but for a long time I didn’t show. Once I did.... I really did! Lol
Have you tried playing any music for Bebe? I did that a lot. I don’t know if it had any influence but I got a music lover! Kitty lover too. The kitties liked to purr by my tummy. I don’t know if the kitties knew about the baby or just liked having me sitting and listening to soft classical music. Either way, it was very nice for us all.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Lari,

I'm so excited for you!! Your little belly is adorable and the ice cream sounds delicious!
If your husband knows the gender will he be able to keep it to himself? If he knows, he
can buy clothes that match the gender and have the shop hold them for him?

Little Bebe is growing!💖

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really feel there is baby bump showing now. Even if you are brownies, brownies convert to Bebe!
Things are so much more advanced from when I was pregnant. We didn’t officially know the gender but I was convinced. Turned out, I had a fifty fifty chance of getting it right. I did. Lol We had a list of preferred names and narrowed it down but once she was here, she got a first name that wasn’t even on the list. It just fit and always did.
There used to be stretchy fabric panels that easily stitch into jeans to give you more time to avoid buying maternity clothes. A loose fitting top covers the panel and they are super comfy. I am small but for a long time I didn’t show. Once I did.... I really did! Lol
Have you tried playing any music for Bebe? I did that a lot. I don’t know if it had any influence but I got a music lover! Kitty lover too. The kitties liked to purr by my tummy. I don’t know if the kitties knew about the baby or just liked having me sitting and listening to soft classical music. Either way, it was very nice for us all.
My apps have just started saying Bebe should be able to start hearing in the past week! I usually wear headphones at home, but once I get my car back, there will be some music playing there! I've got to get used to talking to them out loud.

I'm asking for maternity clothes for my upcoming birthday. I don't need them yet, but it may build up my stockpile. A lot of shirts now have secret panels so you can use them for nursing as well and that helps them last longer.

Oh, Lari,

I'm so excited for you!! Your little belly is adorable and the ice cream sounds delicious!
If your husband knows the gender will he be able to keep it to himself? If he knows, he
can buy clothes that match the gender and have the shop hold them for him?

Little Bebe is growing!💖
I'm just worried he'd accidentally refer to Bebe by 'he' or 'she'. Or not coming up with a middle name for a girl if he knows it's a boy - little things like that which could ruin the surprise.

Lari Lari
I just love reading your posts and seeing your photos! It takes me back a few years to when I was pregnant. I’m so happy and excited for you.
Thank you! I'm excited and anxious at the same time, but documenting helps keep me grounded.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The problem is my husband does want to know, and I'm worried about his ability to not accidentally slip up and let me know if they found a way to show him and I looked away. But I guess we'll deal with the same if things change and he's allowed at my anatomy scan, too.
My husband wanted to know the sex of the baby too but I did not. His mother, my m-i-l, really wanted to know and encouraged him to find out because she wanted a boy. She was very pushy and did not want to respect my wishes. However, I don't know if they do this now, but I was told I could sign a request to not inform my spouse which I did. I wonder if this protocol is still an option today. BTW, I ended up having a girl, payback for my m-i-l being so overbearing. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would be afraid DH or I would slip up with each other too. I couldn't wait. One of my friends said with her son he was placed just right to show off his goods as soon as she touched her belly with the wand. :crazy: They all burst out laughing. It couldn't have been a surprise if they wanted it to! :flail:

I took another friend's advice and had orange juice on the way to my scans so the kids would be awake and moving around. It was fun because we could watch them move. But it also helped be sure we could get a sure view. I was so nervous with DD about it that she checked again. :lol2:

neely neely I was just at my OBGYN and had to update my forms including who they could talk about my results with. That was separate from emergency contacts and who they could talk to about me in case of an emergency. I think something like that would work to be more specific about who can get information. I don't remember if the hospital had it broken down the same way though. It definitely should be covered by HIPPA.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband wanted to know the sex of the baby too but I did not. His mother, my m-i-l, really wanted to know and encouraged him to find out because she wanted a boy. She was very pushy and did not want to respect my wishes. However, I don't know if they do this now, but I was told I could sign a request to not inform my spouse which I did. I wonder if this protocol is still an option today. BTW, I ended up having a girl, payback for my m-i-l being so overbearing. :lol:
My ILs want to know as well, I think, but I haven't noticed them having any preference on sex. They just seem happy to finally have another baby in the family. I have told them that even if we find out, we're not telling anyone ahead of time. It's pretty easy to keep my husband from finding out since he can't come to my appointments. I'm just torn between wanting to give him what he wants and being afraid it'll get ruined for me!

I would be afraid DH or I would slip up with each other too. I couldn't wait. One of my friends said with her son he was placed just right to show off his goods as soon as she touched her belly with the wand. :crazy: They all burst out laughing. It couldn't have been a surprise if they wanted it to! :flail:
Oh man! I may have to start with my eyes closed and ask when it's safe to look. It would suck to take all precautions and have Bebe ruin the surprise!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's pretty easy to keep my husband from finding out since he can't come to my appointments. I'm just torn between wanting to give him what he wants and being afraid it'll get ruined for me!
Just be honest and talk to him. I expressed my feelings to my husband and although he also wanted to know the baby's gender beforehand he understood and respected my wishes. I'm sure your hubby would too. 🤗

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari I do not know if this helps at all, but I was an Ultrasound tech working with OB/GYN. Our speciality was pregnancies. I did that for over 20 years. Was a Sonographer for over 30 years.

Regarding the gender of your baby: This is the quandary which faces many expectant parents; whether to find out or not? In some cases, we put the info, gender in a sealed envelope, given to the patient/mom. It was up to her, if she wanted to find out or not...

Also, You can ask the Sonographer, to tell you when she is scanning the area. They can tell you to close your eyes.
Any Sonographer with expertise, can very easily sneak past that area, very quickly, without you knowing~~ even if your husband is watching.. Many people, men and woman, think they can tell the gender, without us saying so.. and they are quite wrong... Boys are sometimes easier to see.. but... sometimes they hide... and sometimes, not many, we do get the wrong guess.

I used to tell my patients, "It looks like a ##... but do not go out and buy the color for it"... unless it was extremely obvious... like a little boy, having an erection!! yup, does happen in utero...

There really is no need to keep your husband at home. Seriously. At 20 weeks, you will want to share the experience with him. The baby will look so human; doing things you will be amazed... sucking fingers, toes, sticking tongue out, waving, etc... It is really very cute.. Hopefully, you will be able to get some awesome pictures.

At 20 weeks, it is called a full anatomy survey.. I mean Full Survey.. counting fingers, toes, brain, measurements, looking at internal structures..everything is pretty much there, but just developing....

It is your decision whether or not to find out the gender. Sonographers have seen it all.. been through it all...

Good Luck and Enjoy....
(((hugs))))

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There really is no need to keep your husband at home. Seriously. At 20 weeks, you will want to share the experience with him. The baby will look so human; doing things you will be amazed... sucking fingers, toes, sticking tongue out, waving, etc... It is really very cute.. Hopefully, you will be able to get some awesome pictures.
I don't want to keep him at home! I want him to bond to Bebe. But right now that's the office policy due to Covid and we don't know if it will change in the next month. Which is why I'm considering booking an elective scan that does allow a guest if he's not allowed. My worry is that the elective places tend to focus on gender rather than making sure everything's in working order.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My worry is that the elective places tend to focus on gender rather than making sure everything's in working order.
I would worry about that too which is why I'd feel safer going to my regular doctor's office. If it makes you feel any better, DH will have plenty of time to bond with Bebe especially since he's at home with you. :hugs: