Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'll see MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles . I feel like the best thing might end up being if we have opposite genders because it might seem like there's less comparisons that way. Worst will probably be if we both have girls.

I'm eating 3-4 freeze pops a day, but to be fair, I likely would be doing that even if I wasn't pregnant.

Assuming (knock on wood) everything is still progressing as it should, I'm 12 weeks today.

Bebe is the size of a macaron (both apps!), an apricot, a toy soldier, and a Roborobski dwarf hamster.

0618200832_HDR.jpg
0618200842_HDR.jpg
0618200842.jpg

I did a week 4 to week 12 line-up, but I don't think my macarons will last another week, so I'll have to eat them and buy new ones if I ever want to do another line up later on.
0618201006.jpg

And here's a poppyseed on top of the macaron. Bebe's still so small, but the amount of growth is astonishing.
0618201006a.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
a Roborobski dwarf hamster.
*frantically scrolls down to see if there is a picture of a hamster*

I did a week 4 to week 12 line-up, but I don't think my macarons will last another week, so I'll have to eat them and buy new ones if I ever want to do another line up later on.
I really like seeing the line-up, it's amazing seeing how quickly a baby grows. Doing another line-up sounds like the perfect excuse to buy more macaroons.

Not that you need an excuse. If you want macaroons that macaroons you shall have.

:bunnydance:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*frantically scrolls down to see if there is a picture of a hamster*

I really like seeing the line-up, it's amazing seeing how quickly a baby grows. Doing another line-up sounds like the perfect excuse to buy more macaroons.

Not that you need an excuse. If you want macaroons that macaroons you shall have.

:bunnydance:
Lol, sorry no hamster pic. You just get a photobombing Lelia. I always end up googling the animal because the app just has illustrations. It's cute and tiny!

Maybe eventually I'll do another line up!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, 12 weeks, you will be starting your second trimester soon. For some reason I was more tired during the second tri but that doesn't mean you will be. Take this time to pamper yourself and don't feel guilty about giving into cravings. Lord knows I ate whatever my heart or should I say appetite desired. 😉 First baby was hot fudge sundaes. I remember barely being able to get through a day of work without anticipating them.🍨 Second baby was tacos, I couldn't stop eating them.🌮 Enjoy the next 12 weeks and before you know it Bebe will be here.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
13 weeks

Bebe is the size of a cupcake, a large ladurée macaron (she was a small one last week according to Ovia- idk the ladurée bakery the app is talking about, my Jewel only had one size of macaron that measured correctly for last week), a hot jalepeño, a matchbox car, a clownfish.

I got the cupcake from this specialty shop on Tuesday after meeting up with a friend. It's s'mores flavored and I'm looking forward to having it for dessert later.

Sometimes I think if I lay flat on my back, I can see the tiniest hint of a little bump under my belly button, but it could just be my imagination. I feel more bloated and fat rather than cute and bumpy this week.

0625201756.jpg
0625201759a_HDR.jpg
0625201759.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m trying to flip between pictures to see if I can tell the difference. I bet you’ll pop within the next few weeks. I’m “fluffy” so I had to wait to look pregnant. 🤪 But I’ve had friends who showed early and ones who seemed much later. I heard one lady say she knew she was pregnant when she laid on her stomach. I kept waking up on mine all the time with DS! Poor kid. :crazy:

Are you looking for maternity clothes yet?

That cupcake looks good too! :yummy:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m trying to flip between pictures to see if I can tell the difference. I bet you’ll pop within the next few weeks. I’m “fluffy” so I had to wait to look pregnant. 🤪 But I’ve had friends who showed early and ones who seemed much later. I heard one lady say she knew she was pregnant when she laid on her stomach. I kept waking up on mine all the time with DS! Poor kid. :crazy:

Are you looking for maternity clothes yet?

That cupcake looks good too! :yummy:
I know they say you show later when it's your first pregnancy, but second and beyond your body's like "I know what this is. I got this!"

I've been a side sleeper for a couple years now (I seem to go through spurts, because I definitely remember being a back sleeper when Lelia was a kitten), so at least I haven't had to train myself to sleep differently!

Not yet - I've been living in leggings since quarantine started, but even my shorts don't feel tight yet. Knowing this is going to go on through fall and winter, I'm hoping to stretch what I already have through the summer so I don't have to buy three seasons worth of clothes! It'll depend on how my body changes over the next few weeks.

Cupcake was indeed pretty good, but I've had one or two other flavors from this place in the past, and I recall liking another flavor better.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah you probably dont need to think about shorts. And roomy tops are easier to find. I used a hair tie to extend my jeans. I only ever had 1 pair of those and never bothered with maternity pjs. Leggings weren’t a thing yet and I had to dress business casual for work; so I did have to shop. But for once it was so easy to find stuff that fit. :lol2: I still wear a maternity cardigan though. It’s super cozy and I doubt people can tell. Except I go ahead and tell them anyway.:paperbag:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up leaving my school - the commute was going to be too far with the move, and I didn't want to start at a new school 5 months pregnant on top of whatever they decide to do Covid wise, so we agreed I'd take the next year off (Not to mention what I was making in a Catholic school probably wouldn't be enough to cover daycare plus gas!) . I'm nannying my friend's kids right now, but no dress code for that! If I needed work clothes, I'd probably be thinking about maternity clothes much sooner!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I know they say you show later when it's your first pregnancy, but second and beyond your body's like "I know what this is. I got this!"
I think it depends on the person but ask your mom when she started showing. You may find you take after her. With my first I carried really high so showed soon but with my second I felt like my tummy drooped and I should hold it up. :lol:

I ended up leaving my school - the commute was going to be too far with the move, and I didn't want to start at a new school 5 months pregnant on top of whatever they decide to do Covid wise, so we agreed I'd take the next year off
I think you made the right decision and won't regret it especially on those nights when you don't get much sleep because Bebe is up at all hours. 😉

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone is so different. I thought it was fun waiting to see what my stomach would look like. I have a picture “belly to belly” with my cousin and we look nothing alike belly wise even though she was only about a month ahead of me. She was on her 4th and has always carried more weight anyway.

It’ll be nice to have freedom to stay in comfy clothes! I found mine comfortable but still! Save money for funner things; like all the adorable baby clothes! :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure it depends on height and body shape as well. I'm 5'4", but I have short legs and a long torso. Someone the same height as me but with longer legs and a shorter torso might pop sooner because they have less room in there.

neely neely - agreed! I don't function well on little sleep - I can't imagine trying to teach full time before we have a reasonable sleep schedule going. Can I ask if you had one of each or two of the same gender? I've read supposedly girls are carried high and boys lower, but I assume that's just another old wives' tale.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure it depends on height and body shape as well. I'm 5'4", but I have short legs and a long torso. Someone the same height as me but with longer legs and a shorter torso might pop sooner because they have less room in there.

neely neely . Can I ask if you had one of each or two of the same gender? I've read supposedly girls are carried high and boys lower, but I assume that's just another old wives' tale.
Of course you can ask, I love talking about my pregnancies even though it was awhile ago. ;) Both were girls but don't believe the old wives' tale since I carried very different between the first and second pregnancy. And when I went to the ob/gyne for my 8 month visit an older woman took one look at me and asked if I was having twins. When I told her no she said, "honey, you better tell the doc to check again.":flail:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m 5’5” with a short torso. I carried DS different but not too much so. I know I have a comparison picture somewhere... I think DD was more forward and DS was more wide. I remember knocking DD in the head with my belly all the time even though I didn’t feel like it stuck out that far. :lol2: I think I had an anterior placenta with DS. He was pretty chill in the womb. Neither one kept me up at night though (during pregnancy I mean) so that was nice. I had to hold a pillow to sleep though. lol

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've read supposedly girls are carried high and boys lower, but I assume that's just another old wives' tale.
I've heard that if someone can stand behind you and tell you're pregnant it's going to be a girl. If you don't look pregnant from behind it will be a boy.

But I don't know if there is any truth in that.

:crazy: