Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of this pickle and teething thing! Maybe if my mom had done that for me, I'd like pickles, lol. I need to check in our fridge and see if my husband has any in there.

Probably make some breastmilk popsicles, too. I had some, but we tried to take them with us when we went to Ann Arbor last month and they didn't survive.

Edit: we just have slices. I wonder if those would work.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are thin slices they could come apart into pieces in her mouth. The whole pickles are very solid and won’t break apart without something to really use to chew. I used to dip my finger into ice water to rub Sarah’s gum and she liked that. Once the tooth cuts through it get dicey for your finger but it might be pleasing to J now. That gives you something to use until you can get the whole pickles. You could actually dip your finger into anything cold that she likes.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never heard of this pickle and teething thing! Maybe if my mom had done that for me, I'd like pickles, lol. I need to check in our fridge and see if my husband has any in there.

Probably make some breastmilk popsicles, too. I had some, but we tried to take them with us when we went to Ann Arbor last month and they didn't survive.

Edit: we just have slices. I wonder if those would work.
The idea was my husband's. It was genius. She'd gum one end until it was soggy and the juice was all gone then flip it and do the same to the other end. Then she'd hand it to me to get rid of. We only gave her firm whole dills.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
At the bagel shop, they used to carry 'teething" bagels... kind of like ends of bagels and very tiny bagels....
Just a thought...You could even freeze them, so they would be nice and cold..or try pieces fo bagels..

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frozen washcloths are good too. If I'd heard of the pickle thing I would have had a hard time staying out of them. :paperbag: :lol: :yummy:
I've put a wet washcloth in the fridge. She is not at all interested!

As a btdt mom, do you know how long it generally takes once you see something starting to poke out of the gum and the whole tooth popping out?

At the bagel shop, they used to carry 'teething" bagels... kind of like ends of bagels and very tiny bagels....
Just a thought...You could even freeze them, so they would be nice and cold..or try pieces fo bagels..
Lol, so last time I was at the store I bought some Thomas's pumpkin spice bagels because, well, I'm me, and I've been sharing them with her for breakfast. This child seems to be on a carb kick lately in between those and the original goldfish she's been getting for the dairy ladder. Hopefully I haven't ruined her for fruits, veggies, and protein!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think there was any predictability to it unfortunately. DS had bumps for months before something broke though. Then sometimes one would pop up out of nowhere.

Do you think she might like a washcloth if the end was soaked in breastmilk? I did try frozen peaches with DD. She didn't really like the teether bag thing they went in. Their favorite teether was the RazBaby one but I don't think we had one thing that I could definitely say they loved. DS had a ring toy that had different nubby shaped beads on it that he loved in general. Maybe that was it.

Maybe frozen banana? I love those myself. Of course mine are usually covered in chocolate. I'm not sure how mushy they would get as they melt or if she could bite off a chunk though... Maybe when she's older. Or you'd have to test it somehow... :crazy:

Pizza in my hometown always had a good thick crust. Our favorite place had circular pizza but they cut it in squares; so at the "corners" it was a small piece that was like 90% crust. I would say that every generation of baby in my family has teethed on pizza crust. It was always good, crusty bread and they loved it. It's now been over 2 years since I got to go "home" for pizza (I mean to see my family...) and man I want some!! :lol::bawling2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping because I can see the white coming through the gum, it'll be fast from here! I could try soaking the was rag in breastmilk! I really need to haakaa some out for more popsicles. I've pulled out all the teething toys and washed this nuby brand one with massaging bristles I'd gotten with some free toys. So she's got plenty to chew on.

I'll have to order myself a cheese-less pizza to give her crust, lol.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried, but she's not letting me.

She woke up with a diaper that was all mucus and food. Now I know why my fb group says not to attempt the dairy ladder while teething, because I don't know if it's excess drool or a dairy reaction.

I'll probably give her the goldfish again today and watch for more reactions. I'll be pretty disappointed if we can't even pass baked milk and have to try again in three months, because I was really hoping to not have to worry about bread any more at least, but it is what it is.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10 months! Double digits, what?! J is trying so hard to walk this month and is making more noises. Half the time I think she knows what mama means, and the other half I think she just knows I like it when she says it.

She's so full of personality and really starting to show likes and dislikes. She put on some good weight this month now that she's eating more solids, but not height. Maybe we measured wrong at some point or it's just this month's growth pattern.

Unfortunately, it looks like we've failed or mistrialed (a second tooth may be coming) step one of the dairy ladder, so we'll be dairy free a bit longer, and I have to decide if I want to redo in a few weeks to see if the tooth was the problem, or wait until 2022 to try again and just give her stomach more time to mature.

1029211253a~2.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kids always put on a little weight before they have a growth spurt; so maybe one is coming! I can't believe she's 10 months already!!
Me neither, honestly. But at the same time, I barely remember how she was before she was mobile. I look at pictures and my mind can't compute.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
11 months - just...how? How am I at a place where I'm ordering first birthday decorations and outfits? How did my little potato turn into an adrenaline junkie who is always on the go? Who's always ready for the next adventure? Who's trying so hard to be a toddler and not a baby? This month, J started really walking and hasn't stopped. She finally got her second tooth. She's decided she really likes looking at books and carrying things from place to place. She gets so excited when I allow her to climb up the stairs. She very much surprisingly still has blue eyes.

She makes me smile and laugh every day. I really never knew how much I could love her, and yet somehow I love her even more every day. I want to be such a good mom to her and pray I'm successful.

She was worth giving up dairy for. :lol:
20211129_125052.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe it's almost been a year!! :hearthrob:

I'm also very impressed you've gotten a photo with her sitting still at this age!! :crazy:
I actually had an easier time this month than last month! I think she's starting to understand the idea of getting her photo taken, though I do have outtakes of her rolling out or otherwise moving.