Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! She’s growing so fast! Bigger than a piece of pie now but she’s a sweet treat! ;) It really is something to think back over every stage of waiting for her and now from newborn to conquering milestones. Just think, someday you can take her through sampling all the yummy comparisons made as she grew. Lol
That would be fun, but she'll have to outgrow her dairy intolerance first!

An old friend of mine had her baby boy yesterday, and it inspired me to go back to look at all of J's newborn pictures and remember what a little potato she was then. It's insane how much she's changed. Her face, too.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8 months! It's getting harder to get these pictures with my wiggle-worm. She is always on the go and loves playing, exploring, and babbling. She just started banging objects together today and spends a lot of time crawling, sitting and standing. My husband bought her a jumper, which I know isn't great for her hips, but she loves to use a couple times a week while I weightlift. She loves trying new foods but doesn't swallow a lot yet. Hopefully she'll start ingesting more so I can start attempting the dairy ladder with her in a month or so, but I'll be patient and go at her speed.

Fyi, she has eaten and enjoyed both tomato and cilantro, and I don't know whether to feel proud or betrayed. Both, I think.

We didn't have a doctor's appointment this month, so I did my best on official weight and height - I admit I love the flow of her going from 6lbs 14oz at birth to 16lbs 4oz now, so I'm calling it official. Less sure on the height, but I assume she's grown a bit. We're slowly switching from 6 month clothes to 6-9/9 month.

I'm very surprised we don't have any teeth yet. Maybe next month.

Still absolutely adore her to pieces. She's just utterly amazing and I love seeing her personality coming through.
0829211220~2.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
She's so precious and this is a wonderful time in your life. Enjoy all the changes, growth spurts and joy filled moments with her. :heartshape:
When you look back years later you will be glad you took all the photos and jotted down the many milestones in her development.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9 months! She's making it harder to get these pictures, because she's always on the go. She's trying to walk (managed two steps today), is figuring out the whole eating thing and is swallowing more food (though still loves mommy's milk), can hold two things at once, and is dealing with more separation anxiety. Still no teeth, surprisingly!

We're going to start the dairy ladder soon, so fingers crossed she's outgrown her intolerance enough that we can at least get through baked milk and butter (though even farther would be amazing).

She carries a large piece of my heart with her everywhere she goes, and I'm so grateful she chose me to be her mommy. I'm doing my best to be everything she needs.

0929211221b~2.jpg
0928210951a_HDR~2.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Walking at 9 months!! Lucky Mommy! :crazy:

Maybe DH can help you with photos for the next few months. When we did DD's 9 month photos at a studio she wouldn't cooperate so in the pictures you see my hand holding hers on one side and my mom's on the other as shes standing looking at the camera. It's kind of sweet.

Otherwise...car seat! :crazy: Kidding!! ;)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walking at 9 months!! Lucky Mommy! :crazy:

Maybe DH can help you with photos for the next few months. When we did DD's 9 month photos at a studio she wouldn't cooperate so in the pictures you see my hand holding hers on one side and my mom's on the other as shes standing looking at the camera. It's kind of sweet.

Otherwise...car seat! :crazy: Kidding!! ;)
I know. Sooo lucky 🤪 I really thought I'd have more time before she got mobile. I was saying to my husband yesterday "remember when I could just put her in a basket in the bathroom and shower?" Those were the days!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love how she's holding her fingers in the 2nd pic, so sweet.:hearthrob: Glad you're able to be home with her when she took her first 2 steps.🥰

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is amazing!!!! That is a precious photo. It almost looks like she is about to break out in a dance. I hope you are printing lots of these things out. I know the “cloud” and other internet sources are used these days but having these in a book later will be a cherished thing for all. Her memory book. Your post about her is beautiful and that would make heartwarming text for her book. She has captured your heart but you have captured hers too. Yes, she chose you. :redheartpump::redheartpump: Smart girl!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is amazing!!!! That is a precious photo. It almost looks like she is about to break out in a dance. I hope you are printing lots of these things out. I know the “cloud” and other internet sources are used these days but having these in a book later will be a cherished thing for all. Her memory book. Your post about her is beautiful and that would make heartwarming text for her book. She has captured your heart but you have captured hers too. Yes, she chose you. :redheartpump::redheartpump: Smart girl!
I honestly have not been good about printing pictures, and that's something I need to improve on! I ordered one Shutterfly photo book of pictures of her and my husband for Father's Day, but I need to make more books like this or find a good website to order prints in bulk to put in a photo album.

I haven't been very good about filling out her baby book, either. I need to get on that!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always wished I had put more into Sarah’s memory book. It was hard to find the time with a new baby. I did go back and make a scrap book later and I’m so glad I did. It was well worth it. I look at it often and it brings many, many smiles. Some big old belly laughs too. The baby days go by before we know it. However, they leave us with some of our most cherished of all memories. There’s nothing that can compare to those “firsts”! Fortunately, life comes with a great many firsts. :lol: You have so many great ones coming to you!!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TOOTH ALERT!!!! It looks like something may be starting to break through her gum. She hasn't been as cranky or drooly as I thought she'd be, but it has been a bit more than usual, so I bet she'll be happy once it's through!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TOOTH ALERT!!!! It looks like something may be starting to break through her gum. She hasn't been as cranky or drooly as I thought she'd be, but it has been a bit more than usual, so I bet she'll be happy once it's through!
If she's teething give her a big whole dill pickle to gum. We gave them to dd when she was little. They are perfect for a teething baby. Easy to gum but they can't really chew them. They are cold so they feel good on the gums and dd loved the taste. She's 26 and still loves pickles. We only gave her the pickles that are In the refrigerated section of the grocery stores because they are still firm.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's teething give her a big whole dill pickle to gum. We gave them to dd when she was little. They are perfect for a teething baby. Easy to gum but they can't really chew them. They are cold so they feel good on the gums and dd loved the taste. She's 26 and still loves pickles. We only gave her the pickles that are In the refrigerated section of the grocery stores because they are still firm.
My son loved them too. They were “pik ohs” and a favorite snack from babyhood through teens.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes! First tooth!!:bunnydance:Another first! Happy day! I totally agree with the cold pickle! Cold helped Sarah too. She loved gumming cold things like that too. She liked to chew on my finger too though! Lol Drool city! Good times. It felt sooo good to her and she got the most content expressions.😌