Growing a Human - Again!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lol, J's handling the transition better than I am. She woke a couple times but seems pretty chill, and I'm the one freaking out that I can't see her as easily. I'm pretty tired since we went to bed extra late, so hopefully she'll let me have a few more hours after this feed.
I think that protective instinct kicks in with most of the milestones as they grow. Their 'job' is to separate from us and become their own people but we want to protect them.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got a video monitor for DS because I hated the audio one. The static all night gave me a headache! Literally. But that video was awesome. I moved the camera as he got more mobile but when he was small I could even watch him breathe at the press of a button. :lol: It definitely would have been harder to move him without seeing him. His room is farther from mine than DD’s. I liked the visual audio bar on it too. Once because that static was driving me nuts I accidentally turned the sound down too far and heard DD down the hall instead of over the monitor.:cringe:

I’m glad your weather calmed down! Hopefully it didn’t do too much damage. The kids and I have had to shelter in my closet a few times and it always makes me frustrated that basements aren’t common here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got the monitor that came with our Owlet smart sock but haven't set it up yet. Maybe that's why I just keep J down here with me in the pack and play if she falls asleep before I go to bed.

I tell myself eventually she'll have an actual bedtime and sleep in her own room, but she's only a baby once and so as long as it's working for my family, I'm not going to stress about it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes do what works! Cosleeping wouldn't have worked for me. I know some people who survived by it. SIL couldn't ever keep her babies in the same room (they were only a few feet away across the hall). My kids always slept best in their own beds. Moving them would have been the end of the sleep. Especially DD. DS almost always went to sleep on his own pretty easily; as long as he was double swaddled. :flail: i had to wean him off that. :lol: Every kid is different. Sometimes it's hard in the moment when you are tired; but then you realize it doesn't last.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I definitely couldn't do bedsharing because I like my weighted blanket and fluffy mattress, though I know that it works for a lot of people, but I also don't want her far, so room sharing is a good compromise for us.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
6 months old! Her development has exploded this month with rolling, sitting and trying to crawl. She gets so excited when she sees the cats, waving her hands and making noises, so clearly we're doing something right as parents! (Except the girls taught her to scratch the couch 🤦.) She strings together mas and bas, and has discovered a love of La Croix cans to the point that my husband bought her a stuffed dog toy version to distract her from mine. She's been on her first road trip, gotten baptized, and moved to the crib (which we moved to our room because we're not ready to be away from her yet).

I'm proud of having pretty much exclusively breastfed for her first six months (we had to do some breastmilk in a syringe near the beginning, we tried putting it in bottles a few time which was a failure, and she may have eaten a tiny piece of newspaper - don't judge me too hard), and I'm looking forward to starting some solids while also feeling bittersweet that my baby is growing up too fast.

Her pediatrician appointment is tomorrow, so the weight and height are a guesstimate and will be inked on my card when I have the official stats.

0629211037~2.jpg
0625211716_HDR~2.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is belated because her play kit with the month stickers was delayed, and I was going to retake the pictures once I got the stickers, but my play kit came yesterday without stickers so :dunno:

Baby J has officially been seven months since Thursday!
0729211051a~2.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! She’s growing so fast! Bigger than a piece of pie now but she’s a sweet treat! ;) It really is something to think back over every stage of waiting for her and now from newborn to conquering milestones. Just think, someday you can take her through sampling all the yummy comparisons made as she grew. Lol