Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J got baptized today! They just opened up the state Friday so we didn't have to wear masks, which waa really weird. It waa just J and an 18 month old at the ceremony and she did so good. Some chattering and looking around, but no crying. I'm so happy she's baptized. And her head still smells good from the chrism.

We had a tailor make her dress out of my mom's wedding dress, so it was very special.
0613211716.jpg

Her 16 year old cousin picked out this present for her. I kind of love it.
0613211731a.jpg

Yes, that's a stuffed broccoli.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
How wonderful that Baby J was baptized today. :hugs: Her dress is beyond gorgeous. The tailor did a fantastic job and what a special sentimental thought to use your mom's wedding dress. :touched: You had great weather for the baptism too!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How wonderful that Baby J was baptized today. :hugs: Her dress is beyond gorgeous. The tailor did a fantastic job and what a special sentimental thought to use your mom's wedding dress. :touched: You had great weather for the baptism too!
I wish I could take credit for the idea! I think my sister had mentioned the idea first years ago, and I'm glad we were able to make it happen (plus there should be enough fabric leftover to make her son a baptism outfit, too! So it's double the special use).

It was hot! But at least no storms like yesterday!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrautlations!! That dress is BEAUTIUFL! :loveeyes: That's a family heirloom now! :redheartpump: My Mom used to have the family cristening gown hanging in the living room as a decoration. DD was too big for it by the time we had her dedication. Stuff like that is just SO special. My BFF made a dress for DD and a vest for DS from bridesmaid gowns from my wedding. Then my mom had their pictures done in them as a present for us. I have my mom's wedding gown but I never would have thought to do that with it. Or course her wedding got moved up because she found out I was on the way. :lol2: So it wasn't a typically big wedding dress. ;) And I wore it for Halloween one year. :lol:

I like the broccoli too. It looks like something her little hands will have fun manipulating as she grows this year. And it's adorable! :lol2:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww... That dress is gorgeous! I really love it. Such a great idea to re-use your mom's wedding dress. Now it is a real family heirloom. The tailor did a great job of the christening gown!

So happy you had a sunny day for it.

Congratulations to you, hubby and Baby J.
:redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That dress is beautiful. When mine started getting good at rolling over and trying to crawl I gave up on the changing table. I started using a baby blanket on the floor.
That made it worse for me. They could flop and get away! :flail: Like what is this kid? Wrestlemania!? I've got you by both feet in one hand and you are still trying some kind of octopus move on me. :flail:Keeping a toy for the changing table only helped a lot. At least until DS dropped a Rosita play figure on my foot. It literally hurt for the next 3 years if you pressed on that spot. No one warns you that parenting is dangerous! :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a mobile over the changing table up in our room, which distracts her sometimes. Nothing above the one on the pack n play, but she will hold toys sometimes.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having a rough time right now. J's outgrowing the bassinet and it said not to use it once they can get on hands and knees. So we moved the crib to our room today, but there's not enough room next to my bed so it's halfway across the room and of course it's storming and I'm not ready for her to be so far.

Oh, the tornado sirens just went off and now we're in the basement, lol real time commenting.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw thats so precious!! :redheartpump: I hope the weather calms down for you!!

My bedroom really didn’t fit more than the bassinet either. I spent a few nights on couch cushions on DS’s bedroom floor while he adjusted to his crib. And once when DH wasn’t feeling great. But I was one who did better when we didn’t room share so we moved them around 12 weeks. I found the kids and I all slept better. I didn’t wake for every single noise and I didn’t disturb them either. 😅 I think I used to rock the bassinet at the slightest peep in my sleep because I didn’t want them to really wake up unnecessarily. Which means the rocking woke them instead.:paperbag:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The storm passed through so we're trying this again. Neither of us are ready to have her in her own room, so moving the crib in is what it is. I just wish I could still have her right next to me instead of 6-8 feet away.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just heard about the tornadoes in the Chicago area. Napierville was hit by a tornado. I think that is where DreamerRose DreamerRose lives, I hope she is okay.

I have to admit I think it was easier with the baby in their own room as well but everyone needs to do what is right for them. The important thing is that she is safer in the crib now.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heard about the tornadoes in the Chicago area. Napierville was hit by a tornado. I think that is where DreamerRose DreamerRose lives, I hope she is okay.

I have to admit I think it was easier with the baby in their own room as well but everyone needs to do what is right for them. The important thing is that she is safer in the crib now.
I hope she is, too! Naperville is really big, so she might not be in that area. The tornado landed not too far from where I grew up and my parents live, but my dad let us know it missed them. I don't think we were ever quite in danger where we live, but we decided to be safe just in case.

Lol, J's handling the transition better than I am. She woke a couple times but seems pretty chill, and I'm the one freaking out that I can't see her as easily. I'm pretty tired since we went to bed extra late, so hopefully she'll let me have a few more hours after this feed.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
J got baptized today! They just opened up the state Friday so we didn't have to wear masks, which waa really weird. It waa just J and an 18 month old at the ceremony and she did so good. Some chattering and looking around, but no crying. I'm so happy she's baptized. And her head still smells good from the chrism.

We had a tailor make her dress out of my mom's wedding dress, so it was very special.
View attachment 384332

Her 16 year old cousin picked out this present for her. I kind of love it.
View attachment 384333

Yes, that's a stuffed broccoli.
Oh Lari, the dress is so beautiful!!! Congratulations on her baptism!!! Baptisms are so special.🙏